I don't know that I'd trust them with an acoustic guitar. For the cost, it isn't bad. At the same time, a decade ago the same thing was said about "Ariana" guitars, but I can vouch for the fact that those were junk.

With acoustics, you're probably better off getting something a little pricier with a more proven track record.

Hell, I'd trust Xaviere before I trust SX with acoustics.
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Solid-Spruce-Top-Mahogony-back-and-sides_p_4317.html
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I'll make a note of it. I'm only 14 so money is far from abundant for me so I really have to always look for the best deal.
Quote by zackr27
I'll make a note of it. I'm only 14 so money is far from abundant for me so I really have to always look for the best deal.

There's one thing to keep in mind with these A/E's in this price range, too: they won't be built to last.

Acoustic guitars are not all laid out, like Electrics, concerning how they're built. Most of the time, with these cheaper acoustics, the neck isn't "properly" built into the body. Some of them are simply "glued on" with some dowels stuck in them (like the Arianas were, I had one and a simple drop from a recliner caused the neck to separate cleanly at the joint).

My advice would be saving the money and investing in a nicer acoustic. I understand at 14 wanting to get something dirt cheap, cause you don't have the money, that's how I ended up with an Ariana. But, if I could go back in time and tell myself one thing it'd be... well, it wouldn't be about this, but if I could tell myself a lot of things, this would be one "Ignore all the Hondo, Ariana and other weird brands of acoustics. They won't satisfy you the same way the Martins, Blueridges and Gibsons of the world will and those guitars will be quickly cast away."

In anycase, I might advise you to troll your local shops (pawn and music) for a decent used model. I bought a 1970's Sigma DR-12-7 (the Japanese built Martin knockoff) for about $120 when I was 15 that I found buried in the "weird" guitar section of a local shop. I love the thing. It sounds so awesome and plays so beautifully that I had a $250 bridge reset done it four years back.

If all else fails: buy the cheap guitar, beat the hell out of it, have a good time and buy a big-boy guitar when the time comes that you can.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.