i gotta les paul junior recently and have a big gig coming up. i was thinkin bout takin it in and havin a professional set it up. but then i wonder is that really necessary? its got the oldschool bridge and so you cant mess with the intonation to much anyway. and it feels fine to play. this is just me being paranoid and wanting to be tottaly preparded for this gig. should i throw in some cash to have someone check it out? or just tweak it a bit myself and go for it?
Nobody in the audience is going to notice even the shittiest setup guitars. You are good. Have fun.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
as long as it is playing fine for you, and you are liking it, there isn't a reason.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Honestly a good setup is easy to jdo, just a little time consuming. As long as you payed attention and didnt rush it when you last set it up you will be fine. As salamander said no one in the audience will even notice if your intonation is off as long as you sound good to them.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Feb 29, 2012,
Quote by Razor1977
i gotta les paul junior recently and have a big gig coming up. i was thinkin bout takin it in and havin a professional set it up. but then i wonder is that really necessary? its got the oldschool bridge and so you cant mess with the intonation to much anyway. and it feels fine to play. this is just me being paranoid and wanting to be tottaly preparded for this gig. should i throw in some cash to have someone check it out? or just tweak it a bit myself and go for it?

there's your answer.

if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
There's not much to adjust on a wraparound bridge anyway.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz