Hey guys! I'm just a little stuck at the moment with a little art project I'm doing!

I'm trying to get this kind of effect, with similar images, but for the purpose of this, if we could refer to the images in the URL, that'd be great!

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/photo-effects-tutorials/add-dynamic-lighting-to-a-flat-photograph/

I'm stuck on Step 3 with the pen tool. It says to "select the sky and the buildings around the castle". When I use it, it just forms a line. Though I'm sure this is normal, can one of you efficient PS users please tell me in more detail what I really need to do?

Thanks a million guys
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Are you using the pen tool or the line tool...? You could just use a brush to paint on a layer mask.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Are you using the pen tool or the line tool...? You could just use a brush to paint on a layer mask.

Ahh okay, danke. I tried that (with the assistance of my sister!), but after that wasn't entirely sure what to do. Do I just click on the mask button again and select Inverse, delete?

But yeah, I'm using the paint brush tool now, thanks
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
Ahh okay, danke. I tried that (with the assistance of my sister!), but after that wasn't entirely sure what to do. Do I just click on the mask button again and select Inverse, delete?

But yeah, I'm using the paint brush tool now, thanks

Well that depends on what you want to do. If you want to delete it you can just paint it all black again, then paint white on the places you want the layer to be effective on.

There are other tools for creating layer masks, like using the magic wand or magnetic lasso for selecting things, then paint white inside the selection. Saves you time if you're lucky.
The lighting's off in that pic.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Kensai
Well that depends on what you want to do. If you want to delete it you can just paint it all black again, then paint white on the places you want the layer to be effective on.

There are other tools for creating layer masks, like using the magic wand or magnetic lasso for selecting things, then paint white inside the selection. Saves you time if you're lucky.

Oh, okay great thanks a million.

And in regards to what I want to actually do, I (apparently) want to "create a selection of the part that you want to hide", in this case, the sky.

Thanks a bunch again for your help
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
Oh, okay great thanks a million.

And in regards to what I want to actually do, I (apparently) want to "create a selection of the part that you want to hide", in this case, the sky.

Thanks a bunch again for your help

Oh ok, basically you want a layer mask where it's black where the sky is? Just use the brush or selections tools then (magic wand, magnetic lasso, pencil, gradient etc).

Good luck photoshopping
Quote by Kensai
Oh ok, basically you want a layer mask where it's black where the sky is? Just use the brush or selections tools then (magic wand, magnetic lasso, pencil, gradient etc).

Good luck photoshopping

Ahh okay great.

Thanks again Kens
Quote by slash_GNR666