If I turn my 2x12 cab on its side, so its taller than it is wide, and use it/keep it that way, will it hurt anything? I doubt it would hurt anything but I am sure you guys know better than I do. Trying to make room in my small apartment for more crap.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Actually you should always use it this way! putting one speaker on top of the other in a line array gives you a broad flat dispersal pattern so it avoids reflections off the ceiling and floors and ensures an even dispersal around the audience. Designers who don't build their cabs like this are doing it for marketing reasons. The only way not to store speakers is on their back or front because over a very long period the weight of the cone can distort the suspension.
Check if it has any screw-heads poking out at the side, cause those will leave scratches on your floor (unless you've got carpet). Put a towel under it or something.

You can't really "hurt" anything that way; the speakers certainly won't care.
Quote by Phil Starr
Actually you should always use it this way! putting one speaker on top of the other in a line array gives you a broad flat dispersal pattern so it avoids reflections off the ceiling and floors and ensures an even dispersal around the audience. Designers who don't build their cabs like this are doing it for marketing reasons. The only way not to store speakers is on their back or front because over a very long period the weight of the cone can distort the suspension.

wow, that is awesome. i run my 2x12 sideways/up and down, so that the speakers are a bit closer to my/the audience's ears and not just projecting on my ankles... didn't know about the rest of that.

thx phil
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae