I have a guitar made by a company called SX and its basically a rip off of a gibson SG, i bought it a few years ago but never really had much use for it. however ive just started a band and ive decided to start using it for certain songs where i need to tune differently.

Anyway i have notice that the frets seem rather large (not the spacing of the frets, the actual metal strips themselves) now obviously the guitar is still playable but i find that my fingers dont seem to glide as easily up and down the neck.

i did think mabey i could file them down, but i dont wanna screw it up. of course i suppose i could buy new frets and fit them but to be honest i dont know when i would find the time. Or i did wonder if they may just wear down over time as i use it more.

what would be the best solution? is there one i havent though off?
Could you not practise more with the SX guitar until you feel comfortable playing it? That option will cost you nothing and probably make you sound even better when playing your other guitar?
Guitars:
EVH Wolfgang Special LH
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013
Ibanez EW20LASE-NT LH

Effects:
BOSS GT-100

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 410
Laney IRT Studio + 112 cab
Get a re-fret or get more comfortable playing that guitar. DO NOT MESS WITH THE FRETS. a fret job is some serious stuff and requires a lot of know how to do it right. From your post, it is obvious you don't know anything about working on frets so take it to someone who does.

How big are the frets? Like Jumbo or medium?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
yeah exactly i dont really wanna mess with anything without knowing what im doing. to be honest not sure on the actual size, looking a pictures on the net id say jumbo, but i really aint sure, and i doubt that looking at a picture is gonna give me an acurate idea.

Sounds like the best bet is to tune it back to standard for the time being and use it as my primary guitar for a bit, till it doesn't bother me anymore. Which thinking about it, i recently restrung it and the strings could do with breaking in so i had may aswell kill 2 birds with 1 stone. cheers fellas.
Quote by G-Dog_666
Could you not practise more with the SX guitar until you feel comfortable playing it? That option will cost you nothing and probably make you sound even better when playing your other guitar?

thiussssss

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low