Hey pit!

This is a god-awful thread about god-awful classes! I'm in Managerial Accounting right now, and we haven't still gotten past the idea that finished goods is everything you started making minus everything that still isn't done yet. There's much more important (And more difficult) topics that we need to cover, but the class hasn't quite come to grips with Work In Progress... And the teacher isn't really helping.

Anyone else out there been in this situation, where you feel you could explain things better than the instructor?
Did you know that approximately 0.00043% of made-up statistics are associated with an unproven rise in suicide rates in managerial accounting classes?
Quote by L2112Lif

Anyone else out there been in this situation, where you feel you could explain things better than the instructor?

all my non-HS classes ever

I never understand any of the lectures so i read it on my own and then it's like "why would you even explain it that way"

or maybe I just suck at listening

either way, forces me to learn it on my own which can't be a bad thing
cat
I don't know that it's the teacher's inability to explain something accurately as it is the students' inability to learn the topic. At least in my experience. There are always several people who take it seriously and really learn the lessons, while the majority don't care enough or aren't on point enough to grasp it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by L2112Lif
Hey pit!

This is a god-awful thread about god-awful classes! I'm in Managerial Accounting right now, and we haven't still gotten past the idea that finished goods is everything you started making minus everything that still isn't done yet. There's much more important (And more difficult) topics that we need to cover, but the class hasn't quite come to grips with Work In Progress... And the teacher isn't really helping.

Then why don't you?
I'm serious. Either go up to them or hand their ass over to them in front of everyone in class. I've corrected my prof before, and he didn't want to admit I was right (but everyone else did).
Quote by strat0blaster
I don't know that it's the teacher's inability to explain something accurately as it is the students' inability to learn the topic. At least in my experience. There are always several people who take it seriously and really learn the lessons, while the majority don't care enough or aren't on point enough to grasp it.

We have that too, and those people should look for help after class... But FFS, stop holding up two class periods because you don't get that unfinished furniture is neither finished furniture nor raw materials.
I'm taking Managerial Accounting at my college. It's not too bad, but I have an awesome teacher. Just took a test today actually haha
Like almost every class. Sometimes they skip the fun/difficult parts to explain more of the same basics. It really grinds my gears.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jetfuel495
Sucks for you! My managerial accounting professor was great. Knew his shit. Had an accent, but it was okay.

Wait, what's so bad about an accent?

You racist, boy?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Wait, what's so bad about an accent?

You racist, boy?

The white kids had a tough time understanding the thick Nigerian accent the professor had

Admittedly, accents always sound funny, but I've known enough Nigerians over the years to be able to figure it out.
Quote by jetfuel495
The white kids had a tough time understanding the thick Nigerian accent the professor had

Admittedly, accents always sound funny, but I've known enough Nigerians over the years to be able to figure it out.

Wait... Who is this? HEY, STOP DISGRACING JETFUEL'S MEMORY, whoever's hacking his UG account.

Last edited by L2112Lif at Feb 29, 2012,
My "Media and Society" class. It's a ****ing joke.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by L2112Lif
Hey pit!

I kind of read your paragraph in two ways. One way is the bold sentence is what you believe to be right. If that is so, you are incorrect.

Finished goods are completed goods, but have yet to be distributed. You described work that has not yet been completed.

While work in progress is (in very, very simple terms) work still in the process and not completed yet. "Finished goods is everything you started making minus everything that still isn't done yet " is basically saying its work in progress. I guess it could also be interpreted as your raw material. Since if you have a finished good and you take away all processes you are back at the original raw material.

If that is what the class thinks, then have fun learning about finished goods, WIP, JIT, Bull-Whip effect and all that other inventory (and depending on how in depth you go supply chain) stuff.

My favorite part of my double major deals with inventory along the supply chain, so I could talk all day about this stuff. I plan on going make and getting my masters in supply chain management or inventory control actually
I used to be in accounting, then I got fed up with that shit and switched to marketing. Managerial accounting was easy anyway.
Welcome to college and university.

derp derp derp le derp le derp le derp.

what? is this really important? I'm sure I'm retarded and I'm just not getting, ****, I'm screwed.

*reads tons of shit in his 78 different textbooks, participates in all the cool futuristic online class chats, asks a whole bunch of questions, still seems all ****ed up and complicated*

*then one day desperately bored at 3AM, googles that thing he didn't understand*......

OHH THAT'S WHAT IT IS! WHY THE **** DIDN'T HE JUST SAY IT LIKE THAT IN LIKE 4 SENTENCES! I could've known this all along if someone just explained it to me simply and bluntly, wow that learning experience was not worth the effort.

Welcome to college and university.

a.k.a. le derpenzie derp academy

EDIT:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=everything+they+teach+you+in+college+and+university

It's how I've been saving money on textbooks, fuel to go to school oh yeah, and time. Also, effort.
Last edited by metalblaster at Feb 29, 2012,
I've only had one truly bad professor. It's more to do with people asking stupid fucking questions about things the professor has already explained quite clearly than the professor being a dipshit in most of my classes.
All the gen eds I took had such basic material and such a set curriculum that we moved through them without an issue. I chose a major and minor through departments with good faculty, so the instructors in those classes always had something relevant and insightful to teach. I also researched each class before I signed up for it, so I chose the courses with the best faculty I could get.

If you think your classes are too easy and everyone around you acts like a moron, you're in a dumb program. Sucks if you want a job that requires it I guess.
I dropped that course, brah. Gonna retake it someday.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Managerial Accounting was one of the most boring classes I've ever taken. What a joke.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie