Well my Jey City JCA2112RC digitech bad monkey came today. Pretty pumped about trying it out. Ttrying to let it warm up from being in the fedex truck. then I will comeback with a review and such. Was just so pumped to do a NGD. alot bigger than it looks in the pictures. seems like a nice sturdy amp and very nice looking. hoping this works out better than the last.

EDIT: Ive tried it out. pretty awesome. Got some decent metal tones. nothing great or brutal as expected. sounded pretty nice when i rolled my tone on the guitar back a bit. i had to put the gain about half way on the bad monkey though. havent really had a chance to dial in a bunch of different tones. overall im pretty happy with it. i realize its not the greatest because I had a limited budget. sometimes when the bad moneys gain goes up to high it gets kinda fizzy. but its not a suprise to me at this point. if anybody can help me with eq or give me soemthing to read that would rule.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 29, 2012,
HNGD!

Tried one of these as well, really good sounding, but the lack of a clean channel put me off a bit. Still, great value!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
thanks man. if i want to use clean ill just pull out the vypyr. this is the best i could do with the $350 I had.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I have never bought a brand new amp. I kind of want to now, that thing looks slick!

Really hope this works out for you

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
thanks guys. i think it looks awesome too. i dont have a way to do clips. but i would like to goto my bro in laws soemtime and record a demo or something. not alot of demos or sound clips out for this amp. i think it should work out. i have active pickups. so maybe itll push it more into metal territory.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
now just waiting until friday until my first strat comes.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNGD!!! Like it better than the vypyr?

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
HNGD!!! Like it better than the vypyr?

oh hell yeah it rocks. the vypyr cant handle the active pickups too well.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yep if you haven't tried it already, try rolling back the gain and increasing the volume on the pedal. it normally sounds a bit clearer that way and you get more of teh gain from the amp.

not that doing it the other way is wrong or anything, but you might as well try both ways to see which you prefer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yep if you haven't tried it already, try rolling back the gain and increasing the volume on the pedal. it normally sounds a bit clearer that way and you get more of teh gain from the amp.

not that doing it the other way is wrong or anything, but you might as well try both ways to see which you prefer.

yeah because i have noticed it does sound a bit fizzy with the gain from the amp all the way up and the gain on the pedal at 12 oclock.

EDIT: sounds much better the way you guys said. thanks alot.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 29, 2012,
HNGD!

I agree on the size thing. My Jet City cab is a freaking monster. It makes the other guitarist in my band's Mesa 2x12 look like a dwarf.

I actually just put casters on it today

It might sound a little better for metal if you can find a way to close the back of it. Open back makes the bass kinda loose, which tends to really throw of the Metal feel of an amp.

Also, a speaker swap might help, although the stock Jet City Eminence speakers aren't too bad. That's the next upgrade for me :P
it is a closed back pretty much. there is a grill in back . thats about it. i can hit the metallica tones I want i bet. i just need to learn how to eq better. i like it alot. huge upgrade from the vypyr.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
also not as loud as I would have thought. ive been playing with master around 4.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Do be sure to play around with the tone knobs, I find increasing the treble on the Monkey gives it a slightly more aggressive boost. I found keeping the tone controls at about noon made it sound a bit honky, so as far as I could tell: Bass=Mid=Treble when the bass and treble knobs are slightly past 1 o'clock.

Cheers on the NAD!
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Quote by Quinlan
Do be sure to play around with the tone knobs, I find increasing the treble on the Monkey gives it a slightly more aggressive boost. I found keeping the tone controls at about noon made it sound a bit honky, so as far as I could tell: Bass=Mid=Treble when the bass and treble knobs are slightly past 1 o'clock.

Cheers on the NAD!

thanks alot dude!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
oh hell yeah it rocks. the vypyr cant handle the active pickups too well.

That may be why my tone isn't heavy to me...Tube>SS any day...if only I had some $$$
I did play through the speaker BTW.
Quote by N1K156
That may be why my tone isn't heavy to me...Tube>SS any day...if only I had some $$$
I did play through the speaker BTW.

thats cool. i was talking about a 15 not a 30.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
thats cool. i was talking about a 15 not a 30.

Oh... Also, what's the difference between distortion and overdrive??
Quote by romeozdistress
yeah because i have noticed it does sound a bit fizzy with the gain from the amp all the way up and the gain on the pedal at 12 oclock.

i agree with dave, keep the gain low on the pedal and the pedal's volume high.

then move the amp's gain around and see where it's sweet spot is.

and pm coolstoryangus if he misses this thread, he dialed in some great tone with his od and jc20 combo.

glad to see you found a good amp for you. 311 worked his ass off for you and while the vypyr wasn't it, you ended up finding the right amp as a result.

huge mad props to 311, they should make him a mod.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 1, 2012,
Quote by gregs1020

+1

Anyway, HNAD! Glad you found a set up you're happy with.
thanks guys! and yes 311 is the man!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
HNAD. i had three, yes all arrived not functionable. gave up, got a huge discount on an orange cab, i railed MF good on that one.

however i did have one that worked for an hour and it did sound pretty nice. nice bang for the buck IMO. reverb is nice as well.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gregs1020

and pm coolstoryangus if he misses this thread, he dialed in some great tone with his od and jc20 combo.

glad to see you found a good amp for you. 311 worked his ass off for you and while the vypyr wasn't it, you ended up finding the right amp as a result.

+311
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hey congrats man! Glad it all worked out for you. I still haven't had a chance to try out any of the Jet City stuff.

What kind of strat are you getting?
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
Hey congrats man! Glad it all worked out for you. I still haven't had a chance to try out any of the Jet City stuff.

What kind of strat are you getting?

just a little cheap sx. perfect modding platform for a beginner like myself. i had unexpectedly sold my jackson. so I just grabbed one of these.

http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkultramn2cmncar.html
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
congrats man

Quote by gregs1020

tnx - but i don't want to be a mod....i'm trying to give this place a break as it is
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
congrats man

tnx - but i don't want to be a mod....i'm trying to give this place a break as it is

thanks alot of everything dude.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Happy Ngd!!
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
Happy Ngd!!

thanks alot man.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress

no problem

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
word.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Can't wait until you get GAS in the future. Need more 100+ post threads! lol

Hope you're happy with the new amp. Sucks about getting a lemon (errr broken used) vypyr!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
JCA FTW!!!

we are running super similar setups my friend. i keep the bad monkey volume maxed gain minimum, bass and treble around noon, maybe cut the bass a bit. the sweet spot for the gain on the amp i think is around 7, not o clock, 7 on the knob, credit to MatrixClaw.

HNGD!!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
thanks fellas. yea i figured out the gain on 9 is too much. around 7 is the best. oh and matrix the GAS never goes away! always something else to save up for.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
i don't want to be a mod....i'm trying to give this place a break as it is

have you seen a mod around here lately?

i think when you make mod-ship, you get a month off.