Hey guys, so i just started using cubase and my Pod HD400 to attempt to record some of my stuff, heres a link to my first attempt:

http://soundcloud.com/kyle-mcintyre/first-attempt-direct-recording

Any feedback would be great, good or bad, but im particularly interested in advice from veteran "direct recorders" any advice on how to get good tones direct recording/any recording advice in general.

Any attention would be great! Thanks everyone! \../-_-\../
dude, that's ****ing killer! The only thing I would change is to take out some of that POD "fizz" around the high-mids. Your playing, so tight man great job! I'd love to mix something you've done.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Work on that mix, its all over the place. Drums are a little to presrnt for my taste and theres to many drastic volume changes. Compression and limiting might help with that. Just looking at the waveform I know it needs work. look through this site for tip, google mixing tips, ect. U got the world at your fingertips.
If you're just asking for tone advice, you need to work on the fizz. Honestly I'd recommend looking at some of the free plug ins available, they blow the Line6 stuff out of the water. Look at the Amp Sims sticky in the main Recording forum.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sounds pretty good, nice riff btw. I've been using a pocket pod and I've had problem balancing levels when multi-tracking. It sounds like you used the direct out rather than amp out, I'm not sure about the differences between products but I find it easier to get consistent volume when amp-out since it's mono rather than stereo.

To me it sounds like at around 25 seconds you added another stereo track cuz the volume jumps so much.
Quote by fastlanestoner
dude, that's ****ing killer! The only thing I would change is to take out some of that POD "fizz" around the high-mids. Your playing, so tight man great job! I'd love to mix something you've done.

Thanks man! ill be sure to post on ur page next time i record something to get your thoughts on it!