Source

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig. The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.

As often happens when rumors of monsters spread in rural areas around the world, some locals have taken extra safety precautions, such as traveling in groups and arming themselves with weapons. In 1995 and 1996, some Puerto Ricans armed themselves against the vampire beast el chupacabra; last year, Malaysian residents patrolled the streets searching for the mysterious orang minyak, or "oily man" creature that had recently terrorized them.

What could this monster be? One Namibian official, regional councilor Andreas Mundjindi, was quoted in Informante newspaper as saying, "This is an alien animal that the people have not seen before. We don't have a forest here, only bushes. So, this must be black magic at play."

Some people in the area trace the beast to one old man rumored to be a warlock or witch doctor, suggesting it's his pet (or, what witch-hunters hundreds of years ago would have called a "familiar").

The assumption that the beast has magical origins is not surprising. A 2010 Gallup poll found belief in magic widespread throughout sub-Saharan Africa, with more than half of respondents saying they personally believe in witchcraft and sorcery.

This is not the first time that unusual animals have been spotted in rural areas of Namibia; several other monsters have been reported over the years, including in July 2009, when unknown creatures reportedly sucked the blood out of livestock, including nearly two dozen goats. Though no one saw the monsters, they were said to have left footprints similar to those of a dog, but much larger. Police followed the footprints, but they mysteriously stopped in an open field, as if the creature suddenly took flight or vanished. At that time, locals were also convinced that the strange beast was the product of black magic — going so far as to accuse an old man and his sister of conjuring the creature.

It's not clear whether locals believe that the current dog-headed, pig-bodied animal is the same mystery creature that terrorized the region three years ago. Whether the reports are real or rumor, hopefully belief in these creatures won't be used as an excuse for mob attacks on elderly men and women suspected of witchcraft.

Al Gore was close, but he forgot the parts about black magic and added man-like parts to it.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This is actually common around there and the northern parts of South Africa because a kind of Bacteria there that grows in the water. It's generally harmless, but has been known to cause mild hallucinations. Ten bucks this was some crazy pig or drunk ass Namibian.
mangy bear?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Dog pig... Dig
Pig dog... Pog
Dogpig
Pigdog

Porkchop!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
sounds like a fat texan on coke
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
inb4 fat Mexican confuses chupacabra with a hairy monster while actually seeing himself in the mirror but is too dumb to recognize the mirror
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
U super serial about this???
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by sage76
U super serial about this???

Super serial.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
Super serial.

Super surreal?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Super surreal?

No, that's not serial at all.

Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by zgr0826
No, that's not serial at all.

What? It's deadly cereal!
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by darkstar2466
Dog pig... Dig
Pig dog... Pog
Dogpig
Pigdog

Porkchop!

Nah...it should be "pogdogopig"
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Quote by Todd Hart
What? It's deadly cereal!

Well, then that's super serial.

Quote by ErikLensherr

some Puerto Ricans armed themselves against the vampire beast el chupacabra

(Invalid img)
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
(Invalid img)

CHARLIE!

Quote by ErikLensherr

K koo

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by zgr0826
CHARLIE!

Not Charlie..

El chupacabra.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Needs to be a TV Show. Featuring El Chupacabra, Big Foot, Manbearpig, Oily Man, AND pigdog.
Sumthn like the superfriends, except with black magic and voodoo and bad guys!!
Life Sucks. Get over it.
Quote by Bdotnert
Needs to be a TV Show. Featuring El Chupacabra, Big Foot, Manbearpig, Oily Man, AND pigdog.
Sumthn like the superfriends, except with black magic and voodoo and bad guys!!

I'd watch it.

Quote by ErikLensherr