Hey just a query into the psychosocial solo which im currently learning. I can play it up to full speed now yet it sounds really mucky and drowned out. i know that the whole solo is palm muted but it sounds really bad yet it sounds so much better when i play it clean. i dont know or if its just my technique but i think it might be my picking hand moving over the string while i play it but i dont know please help me! btw i can video myself playing it if it makes it easier 4 you
it might be your amp to much bass and not of mids are going to kill palm mutes hope that helps \m/
Thnx ive got marshall mg30dfx through a mt2 boss pedal with fairly high highs and low but my mid is about 1/4 ill try your advice.thank you
While you're soloing you'll also generally want to use a lighter mute than when playing rhythm; the strings have less room to vibrate so you need to choke them less.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Detona7ed
Thnx ive got marshall mg30dfx through a mt2 boss pedal with fairly high highs and low but my mid is about 1/4 ill try your advice.thank you

That's about the worst tone combo you can possibly get for a lead guitar. For lead parts, if you want a clear, full sound, you want to have middling highs, loads of mids, and middling/low bass (that's a general rule; there will be exceptions). The mid range is where the body of the guitar's sound is, so by scooping those out, you're just making your tone murky and unpleasant.