Page 1 of 3
Hi!

I have to do this research type thingy for university which involves a questionnaire (the topic I chose was Jack Daniel's) and I'd really appreciate it if all you guys (of or over the legal drinking age in your respective countries) could fill this out. It would really help me out, if you could find the time. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dER6NzE1ajZWejlCZEh2QWdyN05SRGc6MQ

Peace
What an insipid questionnaire.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Oh I'm gonna enjoy filling this out...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I took the liberty of answering as Samuel L. Jackson.

It was a pretty bad set of questions, though.
Done. Mines is the one that sounds pretty pretentious and goes into quite a bit of detail about the label

Quote by Kensai

Do you dislike the stuff too?
damn im too late to INB4 Kensai. I guarantee every answer will somehow reference laphroaig
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by whoomit
Do you dislike the stuff too?

Dislike is putting it mildly.

Quote by Eggmond
damn im too late to INB4 Kensai. I guarantee every answer will somehow reference laphroaig

I'm more of a Bowmore fan to be honest. I like Laphroaig, but sometimes I can feel it gets too salty, atleast the 10-year-old.

TS: I gave my honest opinion on the "whiskey", though, nothing was trolling.
Quote by Eggmond

DAT PEAT

Quote by Kensai
Dislike is putting it mildly.

Mmm, it's not great, but it got me introduced to whiskeys at least. It's bearable, and fairly cheap. Supermarket own-brand is usually better though
Last edited by whoomit at Feb 29, 2012,
I hate Jack Daniels.

I did the questionnaire anyway, though (weird questionnaire by the way.)

Quote by Kensai

You and me both.
My name is Matt. Love me.
"If Jack Daniel was alive today, in your opinion, what would he look like?"

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by whoomit
Done. Mines is the one that sounds pretty pretentious and goes into quite a bit of detail about the label

Same. Its not my favorite whiskey.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Jack Daniel's is terrible whisky. It's garbage for trashy people, nothing else. I'll prefer any other brand of whisky at all times.
Quote by whoomit
Mmm, it's not great, but it got me introduced to whiskeys at least. It's bearable, and fairly cheap. Supermarket own-brand is usually better though

It actually turned me off whiskey for a few years, thinking it all tasted the same or similar.

It wasn't until I was embraced into the warm, smokey, peppery, creamy toffee-flavoured arms of Bowmore that I grew my love for whisky.
I answered it honestly and included a list of whiskies to try
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Well that was fun.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
I answered it pretty stupidly. But i answered it nonetheless.
Beware, many of my answers contained the phrase "because it's whisky".
Bland, boring, cluster**** of a "whiskey" that appeals to pseudo-adults. I'm putting quotation marks around "whiskey" since I don't think it deserves the title, then again I find that Americans have different and lower standards for spirits. In the civilized world however we enjoy a well-tasting whisk(e)y, with rich and well-aged complexity, the kind of spirit you enjoy sipping on through an evening.

If I had to compare Jack Daniel's to a real whisk(e)y I'd say the whisk(e)y is nurturing, sympathetic and warm, like a benevolent valkyrie come down from Asgard to carry a fallen warrior into Valhalla, where he might feast every night with the Gods. He may eat, drink and fight every evening for eternity, that is his prize for dying bravely in combat.
Jack Daniel's however is like being punched in the face with hands made out of coconuts found in the garbage.

Too harsh?

Quote by TheDuckMajor
I answered it pretty stupidly. But i answered it nonetheless.
Beware, many of my answers contained the phrase "because it's whisky".

Quote by Kensai
It actually turned me off whiskey for a few years, thinking it all tasted the same or similar.

It wasn't until I was embraced into the warm, smokey, peppery, creamy toffee-flavoured arms of Bowmore that I grew my love for whisky.

Aren't they two completely different kinds of whiskey? Bowmore sounds more like a scotch whiskey...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
Aren't they two completely different kinds of whiskey? Bowmore sounds more like a scotch whiskey...

Bowmore is (scotch) whisky, yes. I know they're not the same in any way and I will fight anyone who says they are.
Quote by rickyj
"How is Jack Daniel's whiskey is made? *"

-_-

You pump a horse full of laxatives in a similar way to how you force feed foie gras geese then you hold the bottles under its arse

For the vintage JD its a similar method except you do a 'horse centipede' with every year adding another horse to the chain of shit factories
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Kensai
Bowmore is (scotch) whisky, yes. I know they're not the same in any way and I will fight anyone who says they are.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just wanted to pick a fight.
Quote by Kensai

Well thats kind of what I mean. I am the same way with beer that you are with whiskey I guess. While I don't personally care for stouts, I don't compare them to IPAs either.

It sort of sounds like you just prefer scotch to Tennessee whiskey (even though Jack is technically a bourbon if I recall correctly).
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
"If jack Daniel was alive today, what would he look like?"

Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Quote by Kensai

Hmmm I would quite like to try this stuff. How do you drink it? Straight?
Post this in the Whisky thread.

EDIT: ^^ ALWAYS drink it straight, either neat or on the rocks.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Last edited by TooFast at Feb 29, 2012,
Quote by Kensai

Same. Except I remember some Johnny Walker and Makers being some of the first whiskys that I liked. I'm still looking for the best bourbon though.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by The_Casinator

You think you can stand up to this whacking machine?

Quote by shikkaka
Well thats kind of what I mean. I am the same way with beer that you are with whiskey I guess. While I don't personally care for stouts, I don't compare them to IPAs either.

It sort of sounds like you just prefer scotch to Tennessee whiskey (even though Jack is technically a bourbon if I recall correctly).

I'm not too read up on beer except what I like, but yeah I guess.

I don't just like scotch, I like things that aren't tastebud abortions, aka JD.

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Hmmm I would quite like to try this stuff. How do you drink it? Straight?

I drink it straight personally, but it depends on an individual's taste and the whisk(ey). Some whiskeys actually benefit from a small whisk of water.

Just don't mix it 50/50 with water or something because I swear to God...
Quote by TooFast

EDIT: ^^ ALWAYS drink it straight, either neat or on the rocks.

A few drops of water can be great for opening up the flavour of intense whiskies and ice should be avoided as it kills the aroma. If you do want to chill it use whiskey stones or wet the ice with water before you put it near the whiskey
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Quote by Kensai

I drink it straight personally, but it depends on an individual's taste and the whisk(ey). Some whiskeys actually benefit from a small whisk of water.

Just don't mix it 50/50 with water or something because I swear to God...

I need a new drink. All I drink is Kopperburg Pear Cider and Disarronno. The latter being a lady drink. I don't like lager, ale, cider that tastes like normal cider...
A few points about that questionnaire:

Jack Daniel's is a brand named after a person. The apostrophe serves a purpose. You can't just miss it out whenever you feel like it.

You don't leave spaces before and after punctuation.

'You' is only capitalised at the start of a sentence, as in, after a full stop. There is no need to capitalise 'you' in any other situation, as it is a personal pronoun, not a proper noun.

Check your spelling and punctuation before you publish a questionnaire to be used in university research.

Also you have questions that state 'if yes...' but then you made the fields mandatory thus forcing people to answer yes.
I agree with some of the others responding, the questionnaire could've been made better, but my participation is in nonetheless.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I need a new drink. All I drink is Kopperburg Pear Cider and Disarronno. The latter being a lady drink. I don't like lager, ale, cider that tastes like normal cider...

If you're used to beer and lady's drinks you'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Try Bowmore 12-year-old or surf (roughly 7-8 year old), they're alright beginner's whiskies. Laphroaig 10-year-old is pretty good beginner's stuff too.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
A few points about that questionnaire:

Jack Daniel's is a brand named after a person. The apostrophe serves a purpose. You can't just miss it out whenever you feel like it.

You don't leave spaces before and after punctuation.

'You' is only capitalised at the start of a sentence, as in, after a full stop. There is no need to capitalise 'you' in any other situation, as it is a personal pronoun, not a proper noun.

Check your spelling and punctuation before you publish a questionnaire to be used in university research.

Also you have questions that state 'if yes...' but then you made the fields mandatory thus forcing people to answer yes.

Wow, and I thought I was being harsh on TS questionnare.
Page 1 of 3