Hey everyone in the known universe. I am interested in expanding my song bank and I don't want to learn any more covers. what I am interested in is your original riff, song, progression, chord, anything! I need some inspiration. When I get a few moments alone with my guit-box, I will post some of my own interesting progressions or songs, etc.

I'm not much of a theorist, so tabs are appreciated more so than chords.

Thanks.

Matt
You want us to write songs for you?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
No that's not it at all. I figured there would be people out there who wanted to share some original ideas. If you don't want to do that then don't bother posting at all. I understand you probably think I want to sit here and plajorize instead of coming up with my own music. The fact is, I used to play in bands, I don't anymore, and I don't often get to hear or see other peoples' original ideas.

Anyways, I'm wasting my time.
Quote by Paddy McK
You want us to write songs for you?

He wants himself to be famous with new material he did not create so that he can't be sued for rip-off.
Quote by MYGeR
He wants himself to be famous with new material he did not create so that he can't be sued for rip-off.

Yep. That's it. One little riff is all I need and then I'll be famous!

You guys really figured me out, didn't you?

... sarcasm.
If you want to see other people's original ideas, go listen to bands you haven't bothered checking out yet. It might be a really hard to grasp concept, but professional musicians are people too! :O
Quote by Aays
It might be a really hard to grasp concept, but professional musicians are people too! :O

I was once a professional musician myself, so I'm fully aware of that fact.

Anyways, I'm obviously barking up the wrong tree here.

I think all I really need is a good jam session.

Peace out.
It's just that you seem to think that the "over 300,000" tabs on this amazing website are too mainstream to be played/tried, and I find this rather idiot. There's so much things you can learn from covers so that you can create new material by yourself after getting some inspiration. Because, obviously, you need it.
Quote by mkittell
Anyways, I'm wasting my time.

that's the only sensible thing i've seen you say.

take a step back and come back in 6 months and look at how ridiculous you sound.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
I don't need six months, I realize that what I was asking is inappropriate. Not sure what I was thinking asking other musicians for their original ideas. My intentions were good, but I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time I guess.

Thanks anyways,
always appreciate the speed at which I get replies on this site.

Lets all forget about that one.

Peace.
How could you be a professional musician who relies on tabs?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by mkittell
I don't need six months, I realize that what I was asking is inappropriate.

i'm not talking about it being inappropriate -- frankly, i couldn't give half a shit about that. it's not ridiculous to me because it's inappropriate, it's ridiculous to me because you're neglecting a lot.

the only way i could see it being even remotely reasonable asking for the original ideas of other musicians is if you know every song ever written by every musician. which i highly doubt you do.

what's the difference between taking an original idea from me, an idea from paramour, an idea from miles davis, or an idea from brahms? they're all ideas you're not familiar with, most likely. you could probably learn from them all equally.

learn to read sheet music, too. it opens a lot of doors. if all you can read is tabulature, you can only make sense of music designed for fretted instruments (and if you can't play any others, then it's narrowed even further to guitar and instruments tuned like a guitar).
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
First of all:
Quote by mkittell
plajorize

lol

And:
Quote by AlanHB

lol
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by AlanHB

Very true

Learn to read sheet music first

. . . And learn to spell . . .