i need to make others that play the 1,200.00 fender guitars,UNDERSTAND that the MIA strat is made by FENDER,ok with me so far?i HAPPEN to have a SQUIER AFFINITY SERIES STRAT,that i compare to the MIM,MIA,MIJ.my guitar with no mods,other than a new set of martin strings,and a strap lock kit.i'm an experienced player,and i have other musicians who've played my guitar,and quite frankly,their BLOWN-AWAY!and this is with all the factory components on the guitar.i can't understand this need to PUT DOWN anothers guitar.i sure don't want to FREAK EVERYBODY OUT cause,my SQUIER is as much a FENDER INSTRUMENT,as the rest of the FENDER LINE.you have as many DOGS with high-end GUITARS,as you do with the SQUIER LINE.so UNLESS your signing AUTOGRAPHS,don't get so PISSY,when commenting and reviewing GUITARS that sell forWAY LESS.don't you get FOOLED in to thinking "JUST CAUSE" it's a SQUIER,it MUST PLAY LIKE CRAP,and a WASTE OF MONEY.right-on my FENDER BROTHERS and SISTERS.
I think there's something wrong with your caps lock button.
Also, I would never knock a Squier, they're solid guitars. But in my experience they do have the common flaws you expect from low-priced instruments. And I can pretty objectively say that my Korean Tele easily outplays and outperforms any Squier I've played, with better build quality and overall components. I still love my Squiers (I own 2), but the Fender is miles better
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I've got a squier standard Telecaster and i think it sounds brilliant, the only change I made was to add a killswitch. I've got a Fender Jaguar and I still find myself picking up me tele all the time. I really like the kinda gritty and twangy sound that the cheep pickups put out, great for lo fi garage songs. I can honestly say that I like it equally as much as teh American Teles that I've played
took a deep breath, still happy with my Fender, would never put down a guitar I've never played.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Squires are fine. Not bad at all especially considering the price - I would rather play a Squire than most other guitars in the price range because I know they are pretty solid guitars.

That being said, as good as they do sound and play, most of the time they can't stack up to the higher end models. It's not just a price tag, but better electronics, better hardware, better finishes, better fretwork and better wood. Just better quality control and build quality all around.

And I can say this because I have owned both a Squire Strat (my first guitar that I learned to play on) and now a Fender American Strat. They are very similar guitars, but I can say my American strat lasted much longer (and sounds) much better than my Squire ever did.

If you are as experienced as you claim to be, you would know that the name on the headstock and where it was made doesn't matter. What matters is that it plays and sounds good. If you are contempt with a $200 guitar, THAT'S AWESOME. If you only play $6,000 handmade custom guitars, THAT'S AWESOME TOO.

The brand wars need to stop. All that matters is how the guitar plays and sounds to you. That's all.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
there are just as many dogs with expensive guitars as with cheap ones? really? REALLY?

'cos, you know, that sounds made up.

I doubt there are too many huber or tyler dogs doing the rounds. Could be wrong.

don't get me wrong- plenty of cheaper guitars are nice instruments. and if you take your time and make sure you don't get a dog you can get a nice instrument for not too much money.

but let's not make stuff up, ok?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you like it, play it. Ignore the nay sayers!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
This guy is so butthurt because someone said his Squier sucks.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
your squire sucks.

who cares about a 1200 mia fender.

try comparing to a 3500 suhr.

k bye.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X