Hi there, new guitar on the horizin for me.
Short and sweet:
I have the choice from these 3 guitars:
1992 Ibanez RT 450, Sunburst, sunburst, all original, near mint, price below 250€
1992 Ibanez RG570, Jewel Blue, all original, some dings and needs fixing, price 250€
2002 Ibanez RG570, Dark Blue, all original, some dings and dongs, no fixing, price 270€
I play everything.
Literally everything, from bossa nova to country to blues to rock to blues-rock to rock and roll to hard rock to heavy metal to heavier metal to industrial to shredding polka.
Everything.
These guitars are all on offer NOW and they are in my budget.
What would you guys choose / based on personal experience, which one would you tell me to get?
And I forgot one thing:
Why do I want this guitar?
I have guitars for every style, but since I play out of the house very often, I don't want to bring my expensive guitars with me every time I go to a jam session, but I want the flexibility to play almost everything on the spot should the mood demand it.
And I know, that expensive guitars were made for playing, and I do play them regularly, but I don't want to bring them with me wherever I go, since then I would have to worry too much.
02 570.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.