I am having a little issue playing a certain tab, because I am not sure how to correctly do it. I've been searching over the internet on how this particular instruction is meant to be played but I've come up empty handed. The tab in question is:

----------------
----------------
---5------5---- with a curved line connecting the two notes on the top.
-----------7---
----------------
----------------

Do you do a slide down from the 5th fret to the 7th (1) and then play the 5/7 (2) together? But then wouldn't that be the same as:

----------------
----------------
---5\\7---5---
-----------7---
----------------
----------------

and then you're playing two notes independently fast, where I thought the line connecting the two notes meant to translate a fluid motion. Is this perhaps some sort of hammer-on, pull-off or something of the rather? If anyone has any insight into how this should be played any help would be nice, thank you!
It's a tie. You play the fifth fret and then play the 7th while still holding the 5.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
It's a tie. You play the fifth fret and then play the 7th while still holding the 5.

This.