The WH-1s are vintage, hard to find and expensive (as if you couldn't have guessed). There are a few versions between the current productions and the WH-1, but the big difference is that the WH-1's chips were produced by a separate company that had it down to a black magic (lol), I just can't remember the company name. Digitech has to produce the circuit chips themselves now, and they're, well, not quite as organic sounding.

Function-wise, the WH-4 has a few more features and are relatively easy to find. I've seen some recently for a little over $100 USED. I like mine, and bought a Napalm pedals Blenda to add some extra functionality.

PS: I'm pretty sure the effect in that song is the oscillation from a delay unit.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Last edited by Quinlan at Feb 29, 2012,
one of the newer one that looks similar to the WH-1 is not too bad. my XP-100 version was alright, but got a bit 'steppy' sounding on certain patches.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
What about the new whammy dt?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
stay away from the Whammy IIs. Those guys will suck your tone right out the tour bus window!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com