I am completely reworking an old guitar for my friend for his birthday and I have just sanded off the lacquer and most of the paint (it took forever). Now, I need to paint the whole body white. Which one of these do I need and how much do I need?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Finishing_supplies/Colors,_tints,_and_stains.html
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

None really. None of those are complete color finishes. Are you using a gun? If you are and are mixing your own colors then you want the liquid pigment for lacquer. Water or Oil depending on what you choose.
If you're looking for premixed and want to spray right on try guitar reranch.
go to an auto parts store (advanced auto/auto zone) and get the duplicolor Acrylic Laquer white can. you will mostlikely need at least 2 cans of color and then get 2 cans of the duplicolor clear acrylic laqer. I have been using these paints for a few yrs and they are great quality. They are also only $6 ish a can vs $10 a can at stew mac.

You deff want to heat the cans up in hot water befor you use, because they spray much better.

Sullys Guitar Garage has great tutorials on refinnishing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So if I was going to get something like:

http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/fencuscol.html

to make the guitar white, what kind of paint would I use to do the designs? What I am going to do is put on black and red designs with a brush.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
So if I was going to get something like:

http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/fencuscol.html

to make the guitar white, what kind of paint would I use to do the designs? What I am going to do is put on black and red designs with a brush.

If your gonna use diff colors, you need to make sure they are thesame type of paint.
Reranch has some very nice spray cans, but they are Nitro- laquer so the other paint has to be Nitro based also.

What type of designs are you doing? It may yeald better results if you tape off everything that you want left black.
You can tape the entire body with painters tape and draw the design out with a pen/pencil. Then use an exacto(razor)knife to cut out what you want painted red.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If your gonna use diff colors, you need to make sure they are thesame type of paint.
Reranch has some very nice spray cans, but they are Nitro- laquer so the other paint has to be Nitro based also.

What type of designs are you doing? It may yeald better results if you tape off everything that you want left black.
You can tape the entire body with painters tape and draw the design out with a pen/pencil. Then use an exacto(razor)knife to cut out what you want painted red.

Well the basic design is going to be a white body with a black vine and red cursive lettering, all done by my friend who is an artist. Therefore, the design is not exactly something that I can tape and spray on. Any suggestions?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic