Page 1 of 2
This isn't your favorite song, it's that part of a song that just oozes with awesomeness. The part of the song that really makes you want to listen to it. Some songs are great throughout, but there are parts of some songs that really stand out as complete genius.
For example, here are some, but definitely not all:

The first 25 seconds of Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCeD_6Y3GQc That first "ahh" combined with the harmonizing vocals in the background are brilliant.

Tom Waits by Fall of Troy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Br1IAH4x8&t=1m23s This song is amazingly intense, but from 1:24 to 2:03 it breaks down into a beautiful piece of music.

Take the Veil Cerpin Taxt by Mars Volta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPlXEtiG3g&t=7m0s The last two minutes of this song, especially starting at like 8:00 min, rock so hard and bring this epic song to a close.

So pit, what are your favorite parts of songs? This doesn't mean guitar solos either, just awesome clips that really show the best in musical genius.
Hot Dog by Limp Bizkit, I find the heavy parts kinda boring, but the verses with that clean guitar sound are really nice.
The solo piano intro in "Death on Two Legs" by Queen. The main "riff" just before the drums kick in. Also, intro to "Spirit of the Radio" by Rush. Very good open string technique, incorporating that triplet in there as well.
Andrew Jackson Jihad's Big Bird.

Whenever it goes from the slower, bare-bones parts to the exploding full band sections it's just so intense, and then when it booms into the outro I shed manly-tears of joy.

Those sections make me feel like there are thousands of angels all caressing my face and jerking me off at the same time.
Last edited by institutions at Feb 29, 2012,
Going from the verse to the chorus in What is and Should Never Be by Led Zeppelin. It's so explosive.
Keyboard solo in Limb From Limb by Protest the Hero.

2:55-3:28
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Last edited by MasterExploder0 at Feb 29, 2012,
skip ahead to 5:36

i ****ing love the outro to this song. it's one of my favorite pieces of guitar music.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Peruvian Skies by Dream Theater gets epic around the 3:20 or 3:30 mark.
The solo in The Sleep by Pantera is wonderfully phrased.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Last edited by Trizek at Feb 29, 2012,
Soooomethin' takes a paaaaaart of meeeeee...

BOOM DA NA MMM DA NA EMA

DA BOOM DA NA MMM DA NA EMA

GO
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE YYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU JJJJJEEEEEEEESSSSSSUUUUSSSSSSSS CCCCUUUUURRRRRRHHHHHHHRRRRRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 29, 2012,
A lot of 80's rock solos are jizztastic.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Feb 29, 2012,
The last 2 minutes of Mordecai and the clean section to the end of Selkies by Between the Buried and Me are both beautiful. I love the last big chorus section to Divinity Within by Protest the Hero as well.
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER!
Also: The solo in Time by Pink Floyd and the bit in Big by Dead Letter Circus, from about 2:20 onwards.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
The final chorus in Halo by Machine Head. Also, the clean interlude in Bleed by Meshuggah. Those two immediately come to mind.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Ozzy-Revelation Mother Earth. I love the song as a whole, but the section from the piano solo all the way to the end of the song is pure awesomeness. Especially how it slowly builds up into Randy's solo, then the classical part at the end. Wicked.
Is that what you call a get away?
Tell me what you got away with
Because I've seen more spine in jellyfish
I've seen more guts in 11 year old kids
Have another drink and drove yourself home
I hope there's ice on all the roads
And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt
The again when your head goes through the windshield
The intro for 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' by Yes.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I won't be able to link to any of these yet because I'm at school but I'll try my best to explain.

Bjork-All is Full of Love-the climax of the song where Bjork belts out incredible notes is probably my favorite moment musically
My Bloody Valentine-When You Sleep-The very end where the extra layer of guitar is added. So subtle that I didn't notice it for a very long time. Once I finally heard it, one of my favorite songs became tied as my favorite. Such a beautiful moment and a great example of how important layering is in music.
The Beach Boys-Surf's Up-The part at the end where the "father of a man" line from the previous song is echoed. Has to be the best use of harmonized vocals I have ever heard. When I heard this on the Smile Sessions album from last year, I've never heard it done better. Magnificent.
Deathspell Omega-A Chore for the Lost-the heaviest moment of the song just past a quarter of the way in, where the vocals get very operatic and gargantuan. The majority of the album is very technical, so when this part came along (with a very steady but fast rhythm) with this kind of singing, I was blown away the first time I heard it.
Simon and Garfunkel-The Boxer-Three words: Dat bass harmonica
Converge-Drop Out-the tapping part at the end. Not technically difficult, but the ringing it makes and how it sounds so much like a siren just adds so much emphasis to the ending. It makes me want to break shit unlike anything else.
Between the Buried and Me-White Walls-The ending. That's all.
The Horrors-Sea Within a Sea-Also the ending
5:30 onwards in Trail Of Fire by Oceansize

Also the "standing in the dooorrwaaaayyyy" part at the end of The Doorway by Neurosis
Last edited by BenRaah at Mar 1, 2012,
The first one that comes to mind is Coma by Guns N' Roses. I'm indifferent towards the song in general, but I love the last couple of minutes.

It's one of those songs that leaves me thinking "If only the whole thing was as awesome as the ending..."
I see you standin'
Standin' all alone
It's such a lonely place for you
For you to be
If you need a shoulder
Or if you need a friend
I'll be here standin'
Until the bitter end
No one needs the sorrow
No one needs the pain
I hate to see you
Walking out there
Out in the rain
So don't chastise me
Or think I, I mean you harm
Like those that take you
Leave you strung out
Much too long
Baby-yeah

Don't ever leave me
Say you'll always be there
All I ever wanted
Was for you
To know that I care
Quote by blake1221
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE YYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU JJJJJEEEEEEEESSSSSSUUUUSSSSSSSS CCCCUUUUURRRRRRHHHHHHHRRRRRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT

Beat me to it, should've seen that coming

but for real, I love that, and the second verse on the title track is one of my favorite verses of all time.

EDIT: And oh yeah, "And if you should ever leave me, though life would still go on, believe me....."
Last edited by chriscobonham at Mar 1, 2012,
The pre-chorus to Here Comes Your Man by Pixies

There is a wait so long, so long
You'll never wait so looooooong

Here comes your man.

Brilliant.

And the part in Mr Grieves by Pixies that goes
Do you have an opinion? Do you have an opinion?
La la la la la la la, la la la la la

The "weeeeeeeell" in I Want You from the bridge back to the main verse by Bob Dylan
The way he just slides right into that verse again is just fantastic.

The chorus of Perfect Day by Lou Reed, the voice is filled with sadness and tears when he sings "You just keep me hanging on".
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 1, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

The chorus of Perfect Day by Lou Reed, the voice is filled with sadness and tears when he sings "You just keep me hanging on".

That song gets much sadder and heartbreaking after you have seen Trainspotting.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
That song gets much sadder and heartbreaking after you have seen Trainspotting.

I've seen it. It's just such a wonderful play with sarcasm and tone in his voice. His singing about ordinary stuff he's doing with a friend and then he breaks out in a totally heartbreaking chorus where it sounds like he's singing about heroin or something and that it's slowly killing him.

Back to topic. I could add like 300 of these to be fair. Second verse of Keep On Rockin' In The Free World by Neil Young is another nice one. Especially the part "now she puts the kid away, she's gonna get a hit, she hates her life and what she's done to it, that's one more kid that'll never go to school, never get to fall in love, never get to be cool".

Second verse of Hallelujah by L.Cohen as well. The lyrics are just amazing.
"she tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your crown and she cut your hair and from your lips she drew the hallelujah".

When the bass is stressed or highlighted during the second instrumental part of Fire In Cairo by The Cure. What a ****ing groove.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 1, 2012,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I've seen it. It's just such a wonderful play with sarcasm and tone in his voice. His singing about ordinary stuff he's doing with a friend and then he breaks out in a totally heartbreaking chorus where it sounds like he's singing about heroin or something and that it's slowly killing him.

Dat carpet coffin deserves a sadstack

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Dat carpet coffin deserves a sadstack

Carpet coffin? What's that?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Trainspotting!

Can't remember it to be fair. A lot of good music in that movie however. Atomic by Blondie for one.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Can't remember it to be fair. A lot of good music in that movie however. Atomic by Blondie for one.

*TRAINSPOTTING SPOILER*

perfect day is played when Renton is overdosing and imagines himself sinking into the ground six feet under with the walls lined with the carpet he was lying on
Page 1 of 2