I'm looking to buy a new guitar (or two!) the only problem is I can't decide which way I should go with this.

I have about $2000 to spend so my question is, would I be better off in the long run with two guitars around $1000 each rather than dropping it all on one? The thing is I like to switch tunings a lot and ideally I'd have one guitar that stays in standard, one in Eb, one in drop C, and one in drop A#. Currently I have just an ESP LTD EC-1000.

I'd like to get close to Breaking Benjamin / Chevelle sound (both bands use prs guitars with stock pickups).

Body shape wise, it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's not too out there. I don't mind used, but I'm a little more apprehensive when it comes to that. 24 frets on a non-baritone, 22 otherwise. I play through a Mesa/Boogie Roadster.

So here are the things I've been considering:
1. Getting 1 baritone (PRS Mushok Signature maybe?) and another guitar
2. Building one through Warmoth (most likely a baritone, because options are vast for a regular guitar and very limited baritone wise).
3. Saving up a little more and just buying a PRS Custom 24

So, knowing that the budget could be pushed up $500ish, would it be better to go for 2 guitars, or save up for the one big one?
save and get the custom 24, seeing as you have an ec1000 already, you'll be able to cover a lot of tonal ground with that pairing
Well, seeing as you already have a very good guitar (and excellent amp for that matter), I would be inclined to buy what you genuinely want. if you get a guitar you truly want, you'll love it. if you get two because its economical, you'll like them but you probably wont love them

that being said, go and play everything you think you might want. just because a band uses a particular guitar or amp doesn't mean it'll work for you (for example, I really like Slash's tone, but the guitar/amp combo doesn't work at all for me). take the time to do your research. you're about to drop the sort of money some people spend on a car, so you may as well be as informed as possible.
in the world of gear buying two of one is rarely better than one model that is superior.

get the PRS Custom 24. or you could look used, and you could probably afford the one you want now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Mar 1, 2012,
Another quick question for you guys: How would a Carvin custom shop model (CT624) compare to a PRS Custom 24? A few of their options and finishes appeal to me.
Quote by skomskom
Another quick question for you guys: How would a Carvin custom shop model (CT624) compare to a PRS Custom 24? A few of their options and finishes appeal to me.

i have not tried one of those Carvin's, but the PRS Custom 24's are amazing interments. probably hold value a lot better than the carvin down the road if you go with something else.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/