Hey guys

Just started a new job and they want me to work this weekend... unfortunately I just shelled out £70 on a ticket to a festival so I'm gonna have to pull a sickie. So first question have you guys ever pulled one? stories etc and how did you stop being caught by your boss? I think I've took all the precautions like I'm not taking my phone and no one at work has my Facebook but any more tips would be good. Its hard to cover up stuff like this with being linked in to so much online profiles and things.

Also this weekend's gonna be BIG!! hope you guys have a good one too
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Atta' boy.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
why didn't you just make monday your start date? or tell them you couldn't work this weekend because of a previous engagement you made before you'd even applied for work so you'll trade shifts? if you stress that you made the plan long before working there and that it's a one-off thing, it shouldn't be a problem.
#DTWD
You could've stated that you couldn't work this weekend in a professional manner.

Or forge a doctor's note.
Not a good move when you're starting out.

Don't be a dick, they can fire you without cause in the first 90 days.
Just don't get sun burned to shit like I did and then say " I must have got sun burned riding my bike to the doctor"

True story
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
i thought this thread said 'pulling a sickle'

you can't imagine how confused i was

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I started at a new store a few weeks ago I've been with the company a few years and I know the policies about trading shifts and things, even though I told them its pretty much tough luck if you're scheduled. My old manager even told me just to not tell anyone you're doing it and pull a sickie!
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Pulling a sickie eh? I pulled a phat 360 sickie to tailslide over a 9 set last weekend.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You remind me of my uncle.

He's had four jobs in the last decade.

The majority of that time he was unemployed.

Just go into work.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I read that as "Pulling a sickle".

grimreaper.jpg
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Definitely. I used all my sick days, and they totally knew I was faking it and made fun of me the whole time, but they didn't think any less of me because they probably would have done the same thing, and I work for a multinational corporation in an office setting.
Quote by behind_you
You're going to lose your job, TS.

This. You needed to handle this much more professionally.
Be conservative when you find the limit of what you can push without negative repercussions. You are sowing it wrong, trust me. I'm the king of slacking at work.
Good luck keeping your job if you just got hired and already start flaking.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I worked with a guy who would put in sick days just to go to see devil driver and compete in rap battles. Needless to say, he lost the rap battles, saw devil driver and got fired for neglecting his new position.

He went apeshit when he found out he got fired. He thought he was a great employee. One problem, he did this every weekend when he was supposed to work.

Go see your show, and put in a sick day. Im sure it'll work out fine, but if you make a habit of this, fellow employees will disrespect your truth and your boss will no longer show you empathy.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I was once supposed to work on a particular Saturday, but I had an afternoon open air charity gig to play on a pub car park the same day, so I pulled a sickie.

Problem was, my boss happened to drive past the car park while I was playing.