Hey guys!
Im starting to write music, and there is this one song in which I want to have a clean guitar part, like a lot of songs have to make it sound a little better. But I have no idea where to start. I could just hold a few chords and pick arpeggios... But I have no idea which chords hold..
And how do people make amazing clean guitar intros like the one in 'One Last Breath' by Creed? Do I need to learn theory?
Thanks.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Basically, take the chord progression to part of the song (often it's chorus or the progression used in the distorted intro riff if there is one) and use open chords or typical barre chords as the basis of the clean part, then add ornamentation as desired.
Lol @ Blitz.
Thanks Geldin!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Experiment with picking chords, melodies and whatever in different patterns or whatever, but don't try ripping off other metal songs just to sound cool, but by all means take abit of influence from other genres such as jazz or classical which would work really well with metal.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Experiment with picking chords, melodies and whatever in different patterns or whatever, but don't try ripping off other metal songs just to sound cool, but by all means take abit of influence from other genres such as jazz or classical which would work really well with metal.

^this

also you don't need theory, but it will help you greatly to understand how the songs you are pulling from are created. thus helping you get the sound that you want.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Alright cool!!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny