aka: Recommend me a 7 string guitar.

So I think I'm swinging back over to the 7 string side of guitar playing after finding out how awesome jazz on a 7 string is. I'm looking for a couple of suggestions on what to buy, with a budget of about ~$1000 CAD total. ie: an $800 Ibanez with $200 BKP's.

I'm looking for something that would be at home with cleans jazzy type tones, as well as some metal. I'm not too sure where to look. I know Ibanez has some popular guitars, and LTD may have some too. No Schecter's (My hands cramp, even on a 6) or Agile (Not in US) please. I would not go used, and I would also prefer something that is currently being produced. Everything else is fair game.

Thanks.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
id say get a carvin but that would go over your budget. im going to start recommending carvins to everyone! mine just plays so nicely!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Not sure that you're going to find a pair of 7 string humbucker BKPs for $200. Let me know if you do :P

You could vastly overpay for:

http://manitoba.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Ibanez-RG7321-Books-W0QQAdIdZ344276311

lol

I'd probably look at an Ibanez RGD7421. Or try to find a use RG1527 prestige.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by AWACS
aka: Recommend me a 7 string guitar.

So I think I'm swinging back over to the 7 string side of guitar playing after finding out how awesome jazz on a 7 string is. I'm looking for a couple of suggestions on what to buy, with a budget of about ~$1000 CAD total. ie: an $800 Ibanez with $200 BKP's.

I'm looking for something that would be at home with cleans jazzy type tones, as well as some metal. I'm not too sure where to look. I know Ibanez has some popular guitars, and LTD may have some too. No Schecter's (My hands cramp, even on a 6) or Agile (Not in US) please. I would not go used, and I would also prefer something that is currently being produced. Everything else is fair game.

Thanks.

You really should go used. eBay is your best friend. Are you gonna be doing it mostly for jazz or metal though?

^Oh wow anyone who pays $650 for an Ibanez RG7321 is retarded
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
I would really want to be able to try it out in store, because I don't know what my preferences for a guitar are yet. And I'm not driving 8 hours one way to buy a used guitar that I might end up not liking, so no eBay.

I would hope to go about 70/30 metal to jazz. An RGD would be cool, extended scale length would help, no? I'm open to any other suggestions.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame