Page 1 of 2
Im 23 yrs old, and im a bitch. I constantly worry about stupid shit, and am a severe hypochondriac. Ive probably had more HIV tests than I have had sexual partners (nor have I used any intravenous drugs). A little rash, bump or tingle in my body and I think I have cancer, adult onset diabetes, you name it. I fear of turning schizophrenic, or whatever else might plague certain humans.

I just watched an epic documentary where these guys backpack around the south pacific visiting all these trippy ass tribes. Keep in mind that one of these ****ing adventures got Malaria at the beginning of the trip, and STILL made the ****ing journey with his buddies. How do people get like this? I watched another one where this group journeys to south africa and this dude handles a poisonous snake and ****ing gets bit! He seems mildly nervous, but thinks positive and says "eh probably not that much venom got in me".

I wanna be a brave ass adventurer (or at least have the spirit of one) who isnt afraid of death! HOw do i get to be like this people? Does it come with age? Am i just not there yet? Thoughts?
Are you guys like this? Is the secret to have psychotic type faith in Christianity or some other weird new age practice?

If YOU guys just got bit by a rattle snake miles away from civilization, would you be mildly upset, but simply clean the wound the best you could and say....."IM SURE IT WILL WORK OUT"
there's a fine line between being manly and being cocky. if you are too confident in a dangerous situation, it will often come back to bite you in the ass. it has nothing to do with religion.
Quote by Horizontal
there's a fine line between being manly and being cocky. if you are too confident in a dangerous situation, it will often come back to bite you in the ass. it has nothing to do with religion.

Who cares if you die though, thats my point! How do you reach a point where you just dont give a **** if you get malaria and slip away. How do you get to the point of not caring if you get struck with elephantitus or some weird shit
Quote by Go0ber

I wanna be a brave ass adventurer (or at least have the spirit of one) who isnt afraid of death! HOw do i get to be like this people? Does it come with age? Am i just not there yet? Thoughts?

I used to be afraid of a lot of things when I was little. I'm not sure what happened but now I love taking risks. I don't know what I can tell you to be open to taking risks. I seem to be good helping my friends overcome their fears though so I dunno.

Hold a handstand without learning how to do one first. Me and my mate taught ourselves how to do them and the first night we tried them it was terrifying because we had no idea what was happening and everything was upside down and it was pretty dark. Anyway, holding the handstand isn't the main thing here. The main thing is being able to fully commit to doing one (It's the only way you're going to get your legs up) even though it's scary, learning how to roll/bail out of a failed one (Will give you confidence that you can control your own body, and also falling onto your back and possibly getting winded for a few seconds.

Learning that one thing will pretty much teach you to ignore the fear and concentrate on the task at hand, and give you confidence that no matter what comes up your body will know what to do and you'll reflexively bail yourself out of danger, and also that even though failing might hurt a little bit you'll be able to get back up and go straight back at it a few minutes later.

EDIT:
Quote by Go0ber

If YOU guys just got bit by a rattle snake miles away from civilization, would you be mildly upset, but simply clean the wound the best you could and say....."IM SURE IT WILL WORK OUT"

If there's nothing else to help it, there's not much reason to not enjoy yourself.

Quote by Go0ber
Who cares if you die though, thats my point! How do you reach a point where you just dont give a **** if you get malaria and slip away. How do you get to the point of not caring if you get struck with elephantitus or some weird shit

I don't research any weird illnesses or anything so that'd probably go a long way to not GAF. I think you just need to purposely get out of your own comfort zone and push yourself.
Last edited by devourke at Mar 1, 2012,
To truly not be afraid of death, you first have to have come close to it, in my opinion.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by Go0ber
Im 23 yrs old, and im a bitch. I constantly worry about stupid shit, and am a severe hypochondriac. Ive probably had more HIV tests than I have had sexual partners (nor have I used any intravenous drugs). A little rash, bump or tingle in my body and I think I have cancer, adult onset diabetes, you name it. I fear of turning schizophrenic, or whatever else might plague certain humans.

I just watched an epic documentary where these guys backpack around the south pacific visiting all these trippy ass tribes. Keep in mind that one of these ****ing adventures got Malaria at the beginning of the trip, and STILL made the ****ing journey with his buddies. How do people get like this? I watched another one where this group journeys to south africa and this dude handles a poisonous snake and ****ing gets bit! He seems mildly nervous, but thinks positive and says "eh probably not that much venom got in me".

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I'm a little teapot
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I'm 17 and am a little overcautious about things as well. I think it comes from my mother's constant warnings as I was growing up "Don't cross the street" "Don't go outside" "Don't dive into the pool".

I wouldn't want to go on a snake-biting rampage even if I could stomach it, however.
You have had sex.

THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Saw "little schoolgirl", came in excited.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
Just try to stop worrying. It's hard, but just smack yourself every time your inner voice goes "ohmygodohmygodohmygod".
Quote by AgainstYou
Saw "little schoolgirl", came in excited.

You're a sicko.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
You're not a little school girl. Little school girls are much braver than you.

(Invalid img)

There are some role models for you.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Weaponized
I'm 17 and am a little overcautious about things as well. I think it comes from my mother's constant warnings as I was growing up "Don't cross the street" "Don't go outside" "Don't dive into the pool".

I'm actually the exact opposite, probably because of the bolded.

I'm a bit obsessed with illnesses too and WebMD is one of my most visited sites but I don't think I'm a hypochondriac, it's more that I find diseases really intriguing >_>
For some reason I'm not worried about dying though. I don't really want to die but I just don't think about the negative parts of it.
cat
And in terms of real advice..

Every time you are scared you may have cancer, just take a deep breath and go outside for a smoke.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by hriday_hazarika
I absolutely adore schoolgirls.

Especially when they have homoerotic crushes on other schoolgirls.

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Try some Buddhism/meditation.

I used to be pretty wound up, now I'm a lot more chilled. Death is just something that happens, although if I see one of those huge spiders I'd still say "**** this shit" and bail.

I reckon Buddha would've done the same though. I don't mean it harm; I just don't want it all up in ma grill nah mean?

But aye, try meditation and read Jack Kerouac - The Dharma Bums. Talks about the stuff you just mentioned.
You need to equip an item that gives +4 Vigor or more.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I absolutely adore schoolgirls.

Especially when they have homoerotic crushes on other schoolgirls.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by AgainstYou
Saw "little schoolgirl", came.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm a brave ass adventurer.

I gotta tell you TS. It feels great.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Makes me feel like doing a yuri schoolgirl dump.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Don't listen to these fools, TS.

If you leave your house you WILL die.

The world is full of things that can kill you.

AND THEY WILL TRY.

You have to protect yourself, TS.

Go get some blankets and chairs and make a fortress.

They won't be able to get you in there.

Actually they probably will.

You are going to die, TS.

RIP. ;_;
Quote by devourke
I used to be afraid of a lot of things when I was little. I'm not sure what happened but now I love taking risks. I don't know what I can tell you to be open to taking risks. I seem to be good helping my friends overcome their fears though so I dunno.

Hold a handstand without learning how to do one first. Me and my mate taught ourselves how to do them and the first night we tried them it was terrifying because we had no idea what was happening and everything was upside down and it was pretty dark. Anyway, holding the handstand isn't the main thing here. The main thing is being able to fully commit to doing one (It's the only way you're going to get your legs up) even though it's scary, learning how to roll/bail out of a failed one (Will give you confidence that you can control your own body, and also falling onto your back and possibly getting winded for a few seconds.
Listen to this guy. He is a risk-taker. He and a friend tried doing a handstand.

I went to walmart to buy and game, and did it successfully.

Since I was taken off some of my meds and put on xanex, this was a hell of an achievement for me.

Maybe talk to a doc about getting something for your anxiety bro?
don't insult school girls
you sound more like an old fogie
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by Momentosis
Makes me feel like doing a yuri schoolgirl dump.

Do it.

Everyone will tell you off for posting such things, but they'll secretly appreciate the pictures.

Pit Monkeys are such tsunderes.
Quote by Go0ber
I wanna be a brave ass adventurer (or at least have the spirit of one) who isnt afraid of death! HOw do i get to be like this people?
By doing it.

Quote by BlacksailsTippa
If you do decide to go out on an adventure, keep your knees protected.
Very original joke.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by guitarxo
I'm actually the exact opposite, probably because of the bolded.

I'm a bit obsessed with illnesses too and WebMD is one of my most visited sites but I don't think I'm a hypochondriac, it's more that I find diseases really intriguing >_>
For some reason I'm not worried about dying though. I don't really want to die but I just don't think about the negative parts of it.

I once had stomach cramps, and was mildly sweating and feeling tired.

I went on that website, and apparently I had every disease under the Sun, including some which had been discovered in me.

From extremely lethal virus infections, to diabetes to other weirdly named diseases.

Turns I had that I just had, in fact, stomach cramps. From something I had eaten the day before, because my Dad had the same symptoms and he had eaten the same thing.

OT: I think you're just stuck in between one extreme, to wanting to be in the other.

Start out by not worrying about trivial things. Force it upon. When in fact you're not worrying about silly things and nothing goes wrong, you should start getting used to it and feeling a bit better when other things start to go wrong.

Another piece of advice is to start doing more things. If you're not at school, try and find a job, if you have friends, spend more time doing things with them, if you haven't, maybe try and find some?

If you're at school, try and find a hobby or something.

But don't let it get to you. There's no point in being like those "brave ass adventurers", you'll probably just get into trouble. They're extremely lucky most of the time.

Good luck!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by blake1221
1. Shut computer
2. Go outside
3. Success

To be honest, this is about all you need.

Being confined to yourself and your room all day will just harbour your worries.
The same way that playing your first gig will, or first day of school/college/uni/work etc.
As soon as you get out there and realise that a degree of fitness, common sense and preparation will save your ass from the majority of things you're likely* to come across, you'll just be able to do it off the bat.

*This being a point - if you don't know how to deal with Amazonian bugs/snakes/spiders; don't go trekking through it. If you can't deal with a rattlesnake bite - don't go near places where they are. Stick to your knowledge.

It's not that these people don't fear death, they just know how to avoid it.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Mar 1, 2012,
Quote by BlacksailsTippa
If you do decide to go out on an adventure, keep your knees protected.

Read the OP and was going to post "inb4 Skyrim jokes"

Page 1 of 2