Page 1 of 2
Just compiling my CDs for the upcoming American road trip. Got plenty of classics lined up (plenty of Dylan, Waits, Young, Springsteen, Sinatra and various jazz, blues and swing).

What else would go well with hitting the ole highway in a convertible (yes, we have rented a convertible for an extra 60 dollars. It was a no-brainer really )?

Also, putting a few soundtrack songs mingled in there: Easy Rider, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction etc.
Remove all Springsteen.
Add Simon & Garfunkel, Patti Smith, Velvet Underground, Television, Pixies, Lou Reed, Mamas And The Papas, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Talking Heads.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Remove all Springsteen.
Add Simon & Garfunkel, Patti Smith, Velvet Underground, Television, Pixies, Lou Reed, Mamas And The Papas, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Talking Heads.
Me and you think alike, young bean.

Already got them all apart from Mamas and The Papas.

Talking Heads is a MUST. I wanna be listening to This Must Be The Place when crossing the Golden Bridge.

That's a point though. Need to add some Iggy...

EDIT: And I am NOT removing Bruce.
Stick some Beatles in there
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by fender_696
Me and you think alike, young bean.

Already got them all apart from Mamas and The Papas.

Talking Heads is a MUST. I wanna be listening to This Must Be The Place when crossing the Golden Bridge.

That's a point though. Need to add some Iggy...

EDIT: And I am NOT removing Bruce.

Too bad. Maybe add Woody Guthrie.
And remember to play the music in the correct states. Dylan in Minnesota, Lou Reed in New York, etc etc.

Maybe some Blondie, Ramones, New York Dolls/Johnny Thunders stuff as well?

And Stooges yes. That's a must.
Add more Bruce.

59 Sound by Gaslight Anthem
The Moon and Antartica and This is a Long Drive.... by Modest Mouse
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by slash_GNR666
Stick some Beatles in there
Is gonna be old Beatles though I reckon.

Gonna have a whole CD dedicated to old 50s / 60s rock and roll.

Actually, that's a point... we're gonna be in New Orleans for a bit. Anyone know of any good old blues compilations you'd recommend?
I thought this was going to be american music only? Or why Beatles?

If any music's allowed I can give you another 40 bands.
I think you should just listen to Springsteen continuously to be honest. For your own pleasure but also to piss JohnnyGenzale off
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Quote by robbo546hall
I think you should just listen to Springsteen continuously to be honest. For your own pleasure but also to piss JohnnyGenzale off

Well, I won't really get offended. I just find him incredibly boring. And if someone wants to ruin their own trip by pissing me off I'm all for it.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I thought this was going to be american music only? Or why Beatles?

If any music's allowed I can give you another 40 bands.
Anything that will suit an American road trip. Doesn't necessarily have to be American (got some Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Arcade Fire in there, and they're all Canadian. Django Reinhardt is French etc.)

I'm gonna throw some upbeat Bowie tracks in there as well. And Dire Straits and Police (I am gonna be a legal alien after all). Who are all English.
Quote by fender_696
Anything that will suit an American road trip. Doesn't necessarily have to be American (got some Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and Arcade Fire in there, and they're all Canadian. Django Reinhardt is French etc.)

I'm gonna throw some upbeat Bowie tracks in there as well. And Dire Straits and Police (I am gonna be a legal alien after all). Who are all English.

Then Leonard Cohen should be added.
John Frusciante. Totally forgot him
Grateful Dead's album American Beauty
incredible
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by robbo546hall

59 Sound by Gaslight Anthem
The Moon and Antartica and This is a Long Drive.... by Modest Mouse

All of these ^

Also, you NEED Trucker's Atlas by Modest Mouse. It's too fitting not to have it.

Maybe Rory Gallagher, Seasick Steve, Figure 8 by Elliot Smith, Leonard Cohen, Bowie.
RIP Adam
born to be wi-iiild!
and some red hot chili peppers.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Quote by CrAzY-RiLeY
born to be wi-iiild!
and some red hot chili peppers.
Done and done.

By The Way is one of my all time classics. When was it released? 2002? 2003? 10 years on, I'm still listening to the bloody thing.
Quote by fender_696
Done and done.

By The Way is one of my all time classics. When was it released? 2002? 2003? 10 years on, I'm still listening to the bloody thing.

oh try the Zephyr song, i can just imagine a road trip to that song...
and citizen cope ( he does some kind of blues/jazz/folk/rock/hiphop music, kinda hard to explain)

hope you have a blast man
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You are a sick man, Riley.
Deep Purple. Epecially Highway Star and Space Trucking, made in Japan versions.

But really, at least Fireball and Machine Head. Great albums.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Sounds like fun, no idea what to contribute though.

Good luck.

edit: does it have to be American? Jesus & Mary Chain's Pyschocandy could be appropriate.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Pretty much all the songs that are played on the radio station K-DST in GTA:San Andreas.

Here's a link to the playlist:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas_soundtrack#K-DST_.22The_Dust.22
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Mar 1, 2012,
M83
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
No mention of America?

Ventura Highway, Horse With no Name, Sister Goldenhair...

The title basically begs for it...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Pavement and the Strokes and the Hives and all other the bands basically

Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Eagles too, because cruisin' is the only time to ever listen to them. Boston too.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Mar 1, 2012,
Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley, And the circus leaves town

ZZ Top - Deguello

QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf

Johnny Cash - At san quentin

Nebula - Sun Creature, Let It Burn

Seasick Steve - You can't teach an old dog new tricks

Some big album by SRV, like 'texas flood / couldn't stand the weather' for instance

RL Burnside - A Ass Pocket of whiskey

Neil Young - Ragged Glory

Mark Lanegan - Bubblegum

Jimmy Reed - get some compilation album

The Doors - Morrison Hotel

The Dead Weather - Horehound

Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk

John Lee Hooker - That's my story
Quote by fender_696
Just compiling my CDs for the upcoming American road trip. Got plenty of classics lined up (plenty of Dylan, Waits, Young, Springsteen, Sinatra and various jazz, blues and swing).

What else would go well with hitting the ole highway in a convertible (yes, we have rented a convertible for an extra 60 dollars. It was a no-brainer really )?

Also, putting a few soundtrack songs mingled in there: Easy Rider, Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction etc.

You're pretty much set with that my friend. Put some 50's rock n' roll in there as well. I'm not a huge fan of that era of music, but it seems like it would set the mood pretty well.
For the true American experience, listen to nothing but Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Rodney Atkins, etc. If you don't listen to those, you aren't patriotic enough. If you are not from America, you better listen to our music, because America built your country for you from scratch. Especially you, ****ing European TS.

olololo but really, I can't tell if you're going for all American bands, or music to match the scenery. I can say that I always listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers when I go to California.
I'd say R.E.M.'s first several records are quintessential American music.

And I'll second Pavement, 'cuz they're quintessential hipster music, & driving across America is for hipsters, as Kerouac taught us.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Remove all Springsteen.

Great suggestions. After Down In Albion I might just stick on my best of Talking Heads.
when you goonna be in sf?
if youre in california remember to say hella, hella times.
i hella wana go to rasputins because they have hella cds that i hella like.

edit: oh and listen to animals as leaders and between the buried and me
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Mar 1, 2012,
Hendrix
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Page 1 of 2