So anyone try them yet? If so...what did you think. Does it live up to the hype? Does it feel smoother? What is the sustain like on them and do they last long or do they wear out quicker?
Not yet, but I'm pretty intrigued to check 'em out when they get to my region...
I just hope they sound warm. I know that Ernie Ball's stainless steel ones as an example are very bright. So I am curious to know what others think if they have gotten around to trying them yet. I know they are super new but I thought I would throw it out there.
i use them and they are living up to the hype so far they last 10 days instead of 2or3 like the normal ones harmonics just flow out of them they are a lot clearer when played with tons of gain and i use 10-52 in e standard and they feel a lot softer when bending compared to normal EBs
Quote by LivinJoke84
Price?

You couldn't take the two seconds to type this to just google "ernie ball cobalt strings"?

ROTFL!
Can't wait to get a set. Just read the UG review and I think the only thing left is to give it a try. Apparently according to Ernie Ball's spotlight video on it mentioned that they feel buttery to play... we shall see... :-)
Yeah that is cool and all. But you couldn't just google the price?!
Quote by Androidjoey
harmonics just flow out of them they are a lot clearer when played with tons of gain

If that's the case, I'll get them in a heartbeat. 11-54 beefy's with more harmonic resonance and clarity would be incredible if the difference is really that noticeable.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Androidjoey
i use them and they are living up to the hype so far they last 10 days instead of 2or3 like the normal ones harmonics just flow out of them they are a lot clearer when played with tons of gain and i use 10-52 in e standard and they feel a lot softer when bending compared to normal EBs

what do you mean only 2 or 3 days?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by Linqua5150
what do you mean only 2 or 3 days?

i was thinking the same thing....im kinda curious myself..
Quote by arteestic1

if he says his strings only last 2 or 3 days imma be like...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
OT, but does ernie ball make any sets with a wound G string?
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by Krauser
if he says his strings only last 2 or 3 days imma be like...

This is usually actually true when recording. Normally though strings should sound new and bright for atleast a week.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
apparently they are going are a bright sounding string.
I was talking to the guy who ships em out to out store and he told me all about them.. im going to try them and review em.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I put a set of 10-46 on my Strat and they sound like... f*cking guitar strings.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by arteestic1

i play like 4to5 hours a day and my strings are either gone to hell with rust or black in 2 to 3 days but cobalts lasted 11 days