How would you learn all the triad shapes and their inversions all over the fretboard? I already know my way around the fretboard and the major and minor shapes on different strings but I would like it to be more effortless.
- Learn the notes on the fretboard
- Learn different intervals on the fretboard
- Learn the intervals of different chords
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
If you are looking for a way to organize them, you can break them up into string sets. For instance learn them on strings 1-2-3, 2-3-4, 3-4-5, 4-5-6 in the different inversions (with the root on each string of the string set). Do this for various types of triads (major, minor, dim, aug, suspended). Then when you get this down you can also learn spread triads that use non-consecutive strings.

Play through some chord progressions using different strings sets, inversions, etc to get used to using them.
Quote by pr0guitartabber
How would you learn all the triad shapes and their inversions all over the fretboard? I already know my way around the fretboard and the major and minor shapes on different strings but I would like it to be more effortless.

Learn the string sets. D triad.

----------------------2-5-10
---------------3-7-10-3-7-10
--------2-7-11-2-7-11-2-7-11
-0-4-7--4-7-12-4-7-12-
-0-5-9--5-9-12-----
-2-5-10------------

Then for minor, diminished, and augmented.

Edit: ^ You posted whilst I was busy tabbing lol!
Last edited by mdc at Mar 1, 2012,
Quote by pr0guitartabber

If you learn about chord construction, you'll be able to apply your fretboard knowledge to arpeggios and chords all over the neck after playing them through for a while.