I have been looking to get a bigger, mesa recto style low end out of my setup. But I am unsure if a EQ pedal will alow me to do this.

My current set up is a Bugera 333 and a Krank Rev 4x12 and various guitars (in sig)

I like the sound of the 333 (even though it is a cheap amp) but it is lacking balls. I really don't have the money to buy a new amp, so I would apreciate any help you guys could give me.

I was even thinking the AMT B-Drive pedal (bogner xtc) but there is absolutely no where to try these in a 50 mile area where I live.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Regardless, an EQ pedal is the most powerful tone shaping device you can get cheaply IMO.
Lacking balls? The 333 should have tons of gain on tap. I'd suggest checking the tubes, maybe they need replacing?

An OD pedal would definitely give it more punch if you want though.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
the gain is fine on it, but its low end is just not as big as I would like. The amp is very mid heavy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not surprising considering its a rip off of the peavey xxx.

Is the low end too loose, or just not there? How loud are you playing? What are your settings?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Not surprising considering its a rip off of the peavey xxx.

Is the low end too loose, or just not there? How loud are you playing? What are your settings?

The low end is just not enough

Settings are:
Lead ch(I rarely use) treble 9, mids 6-7, bass 10
Crunch ch (I use the most) treble 9, mids 6-7, bass 10

The volume is comprable to giging volume, so I know that is not an issue.

I have even switched the HI/mid/low cut switch to all the settings, but it doesn't seem to help all that much.

I also have a Line 6 SVHD100 and in the recto mode, it has plenty of bass, but I just am not digging the "processed" sound any longer. So it is now a back-up amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Trying turnin the mids up and the bass and treble down.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Trying turnin the mids up and the bass and treble down.

Dude, my mids are way up. and I am looking for a better bass responce. The amp cuts through the mix just fine, but the bass is not there.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Have you tried it though? maybe its the low mids you're lacking? it can't hurt to try. With the cab you have you should be getting a good bass response, so if you can't get something that works for you that might not be the amp for you.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Have you tried it though? maybe its the low mids you're lacking? it can't hurt to try. With the cab you have you should be getting a good bass response, so if you can't get something that works for you that might not be the amp for you.

yeah, I actualy tried many variables of settings last night at band practice.

It deff is not the amp I want, but being a father of 3 kids, I don't have the luxury of dumping $1000+ on a new amp, even though the 5150 III mini has been callingmy name.

I have had theamp for 2 yrs now. so I have become used to its sound. if I scoop the mids it gets a better sounding bass, but then it sounds like a 16 yr old metal head and gets so lost in the mix

I have thought about selling the Bugera and the SVHD100, but selling a used Bugera is like telling your date you have herpies and then asking for a good nite kiss
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hey,

I have a Soldano SLO 100. These are the amps your Jet City amps are modeled after. Your amp has plenty of gain. That is not your problem. My SLO is the same way not a ton of low end. You are right on the money when talking about Mesa they do pack a ton of low end. As far as your amp goes if you are playing in a band with a bass player let him hold the fort down. If you are trying to add to much low end on your guitar sound it will fight with the bass and vice versa. instead, let the bass carry the low end and you will handle more of the mid and high end frequencies. Think of your sound together. I hope this helps.

Quote by dasbrodie
Hey,

I have a Soldano SLO 100. These are the amps your Jet City amps are modeled after. Your amp has plenty of gain. That is not your problem. My SLO is the same way not a ton of low end. You are right on the money when talking about Mesa they do pack a ton of low end. As far as your amp goes if you are playing in a band with a bass player let him hold the fort down. If you are trying to add to much low end on your guitar sound it will fight with the bass and vice versa. instead, let the bass carry the low end and you will handle more of the mid and high end frequencies. Think of your sound together. I hope this helps.

Read the post...... it is a Bugera 333 that is a Peavey XXX clone. I have been playing for over 17 yrs and giging for over 12. So I know all about settings for live use, but I just want a little more Low end from my amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dasbrodie
sorry

Its cool. So how do you like your SLO? I have thought about the JCA50 also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Eminence V12, which have no problem producing a great low end. I have used my old JSX with it, the Krank rev head I bought it with, even my buddys Dual Recto.

I have been thinking about getting a pair of WGS Veteran 30 speakers to throw in it in an X pattern.

The 333 reacts the same with my Laney 2x12 cab and it has old Celestion 1265's in it, which are a more scooped speaker.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I got the SLO in 99 and I have loved it ever since. I also have an Orange Tiny Terror with the Holy Terror Mod and a Fender Princeton. The SLO is still My favorite. it is just so darn loud! How do you like Your PRS? I just got one (2011 PRS Santana) i have always played Les pauls but I am really digging The PRS.

http://recordingworkshop.com/
yes and a EQ can also make a small practice amp sound bone crushing (well not as good as a real high gain setup) but yeah. for 40-100 bucks, probably one of the most important tone tools you can own.

of course, if you have thousands of bucks to blow you just buy the real thing
I love my PRS I had a Gibson LP befor that that I thought was great and then I had a buddy that got a Custom 22. I played itone time and it was awesome. I didn't have $2000+ to buy a CU22 so I got the CE22 and it is a great guitar. I have only regreted selling my LP a few times, but it was a tank so I get over it pretty fast .

Does your SLO have a good bottom end? because I have thought about the JCA50 because it has the SLO ch, but I only know one guy who had one and it was in the late 80's so he doesnt really remember to well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ikey_
yes and a EQ can also make a small practice amp sound bone crushing (well not as good as a real high gain setup) but yeah. for 40-100 bucks, probably one of the most important tone tools you can own.

of course, if you have thousands of bucks to blow you just buy the real thing

Nope I'm a broke mother, thats why I was looking at pedals. The MXR 6 band looks pretty good and for $70 the wife wont kill me!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
My SLO has a great amount of low end but if you are really looking foe something with a ton Mesa is the way to go. I just recorded a new Mark V and the guitarist used the Mark I setting huge fat tone with a ton of low end. Most of the mesa amps i have tracked have that real tight punchy low end. I have always liked my SLO because it is a bit more mid heavy. Also Orange amps have a great low end on most of their amps. I am really happy with my Tiny Terror. I added the Mercury Magnetics mod "The Holy Terror" which changes out the Transformers but even before i did that it had a great sound. Its price is about the same as the JCA 50 i think. Mesa has their small head and combo amps as well but i have not been able to check them out yet.

http://recordingworkshop.com/