i just bought an ibanez rg 370dx, i setup my bridge so that the bottom of the bridge is parallel to the guitar as someone suggested.However whenever i start bending the guitar goes out of tune.can anyone help me? and with a perfect setup does the whammy bar still render the guitar out of tune?
whoawhoawhoa so you messed with an edge trem?

if i'm not mistaken, you should have a locking nut so shouldn't go out of tune unless you drastically abuse the thing

are the strings new? if so, that may go some way into explaining it...
Quote by danyal92
i just bought an ibanez rg 370dx, i setup my bridge so that the bottom of the bridge is parallel to the guitar as someone suggested.However whenever i start bending the guitar goes out of tune.can anyone help me? and with a perfect setup does the whammy bar still render the guitar out of tune?

ReadTHIS

Also there was a catch with the screw on the back where the strings are..
After tuning the guitar from the head-stock and tightening the locking nut, your strings may go flat. You have to play with the screw on the back until your G string is in tune, after that all your strings will be tuned.
*Please, if someone knows about this explain it better. (I have seen it on youtube, but forgot what was the video)

** If you are changing strings, put the in one by one without taking them all out.
After putting a new string, tune it as you like. And take another string, and so on.. that way you won't have to bother with readjusting the bridge.
Last edited by BrainCrasher at Mar 1, 2012,
what do you mean by "out of tune"? like, when you play a bit and then check it's not in tune? or when you bend one string and then play another while the first string is still bent, it's not in tune?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
k

have you stretched the strings? that'd be the first port of call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes i did. i stretched it nd tuned it unless the stretching din affect the tuning.
how much? you often need to stretch them a lot. you can sorta "feel" when they're ready to go.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?