Okay, so I just need to tune my 3rd string (From the bottom) to C.
So how many steps down is it? Thank you.

Just for a reference this the tuning that I meed to be in: A D G C E A
^ If you can't even try to be helpful, don't reply.

It's 3 and a half TS, but you need to know such basic theory.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
TS stands for Thread Starter. It's referring to the person who started the thread, which in this case is you.

Lfcagger is right. This is a tidbit of theory that you need to know. Think of the distance between an E and an E flat. There are no notes between the two, therefore they are a half-step apart. The distance between D and C is a whole step, since there is one note between them. This applies to other notes as well. I hope this helps.
Quote by COREYTAYLOR721
what gauge strings do you have on?

Regular for now, When I tune to that tuning I plan on getting thicker ones
Quote by Drache Wachter
TS stands for Thread Starter. It's referring to the person who started the thread, which in this case is you.

Lfcagger is right. This is a tidbit of theory that you need to know. Think of the distance between an E and an E flat. There are no notes between the two, therefore they are a half-step apart. The distance between D and C is a whole step, since there is one note between them. This applies to other notes as well. I hope this helps.

Thank You.
I was worried you would say that migt want to try the Ernie Ball top heavy strings. I use them and they would be good. The will be a lot of slack with regular its going to buzz. You should learn some theory though if you are new just reading tabs and playing in A is not the best. just sayin'
Quote by Spud Spudly
Get a chromatic tuner while you're at it.

This. I mean it's a basic tool when you're starting to play.
I have no sig
If you have a nice guitar, it is NOT a good idea to mess with the tuning without checking and change the setup of your guitar. But if you are only changing it temporarily just for some play time, it should be okay.