I need to replace the tubes on my Bugera 333xl, as far as I know I need 4 EL34 tubes but i'm not sure what exactly to look for.

I heard something about them all needing to be matched but again i'm unsure on this.

Would somebody be able to point out some cost effective tubes (in the UK) that I can replace my blown ones with? I'm not going to able to spend loads of them and need to get it sorted as soon as possible so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JJ are generally the best value for the money. They're made in Czechoslovakia, so I'd figure they're cheaper in Europe than here in the US, but I don't know that. Power tubes need to be matched for current draw so they burn evenly. You don't want one tube or another burning too hot (risking redplate and failure or at least reduced lifespan) while the others burn too cold (messing with your tone).

Like I said, JJ are your best bet on a budget.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
you can use EL34, KT77, KT66, 6L6, and many other types of those tube types.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks, I presume JJ is a type and not brand?

I didn't quite understand gear websites with tubes so I just searched Ebay, i'm presuming these aren't as good as shop one though?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JJ-EL34-Valves-Tubes-matched-QUAD-4-Valve-Amp-set-/230672789482?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item35b52b6fea#ht_2752wt_1091

How much more would I be expected to pay for some from an online shop/ how much better would they be?

Links would help loads, thanks again
^ JJ is a brand/manufacturer of tubes. If you were asking what type of tubes you could use, robbgnarly is right on. Your amp comes from the factory with EL34 tubes, which means you can use KT77s or JJ's E34L or 6CA7 tube types as well, but apparently you can also run 6L6 type tubes, which I believe would include KT66 or 5881. I'd double-check that to be sure, but the Bugera website claims you can do that. If you want to keep the same tone, stick with the same type you have now, which from your OP I'm assuming is EL34. Changing tube type dramatically alters the tone.

The ones in your shop should be the same quality as what you can find online. Quality control is often done at the factory before they are shipped out, and also at a re-labeler's factory if they are relabeled (Groove Tubes and Ruby are examples of relabeling outfits). So you should have the same quality tubes both online and at your store. I'd just go with whichever one's cheaper. Here in the US we have www.eurotubes.com but I have no clue what online tube sites ship from Europe.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
So I would be alright to buy the 'Matched Quad' option of these or these ?

What does it mean when it says *Requires matching*? I know I need 4 matched tubes but I don't know if I buy them like that or it is done through something I do when I receive them? also whats up with the different types of 'current draw'?

Thanks
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Mar 2, 2012,
Yes. I would go with a matched quad of the JJ EL34s. If you click the matched quad option, they will match the tubes to each other for current draw themselves, so you won't have to match them yourself or anything like that. The current draw option just gives you the option to have them match you a set that will break up early or give you more headroom.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion