So my mesa boogie f-50 is very loud. I have heard something about that you can control the volume from the amp on FX loop on the back (i dont remember how). Does anybody know the solution to this? Also, when i play on the overdrive/distortion channel the trebble is extremely fuzzy. How do i fix this?
With some amps you can run a volume pedal in the FX loop and control the volume that way. My Splawn QuickRod has a volume pot in the loop b/c many people who had older models of that amp did the pedal thing, so the manufacturer decided to add a loop control.

I don't have any experience with the F50, so I can't really help with the fizzy-ness. I know my Mesa Stiletto has a pretty darn bright top end, so I have to use some unconventional settings to tame it. I don't know what settings you run, but on my Stiletto I had to basically turn the Presence to 0 and rip the knob off! I set my gain and treble below what I normally would use, and my mids are a bit lower as well. That seems to tame it to where it's bright but not harsh. Again that's on a Stiletto, but it might be an idea to try on the F50.

Also, what tubes are in it?
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
There's something JUST for that!

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Usernames sucks
Its 12ax7 tubes.

Right, and the power section is 6l6gc. But I meant what brand. Do you still have the original Mesa tubes in it, or have they been changed?
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Cool. What did you change them to? Did you put more Mesas in there or another brand? The reason I'm asking is that Mesa's tubes are just relabeled. Usually you don't know what they are for sure. They could be Sovtek junk, they could be JJ, or whatever, and the actual manufacturer of the tube makes a big difference in the tone/quality of the tube.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
What brand did you put in? Did you go with Mesa's tubes or something else? If you didn't change the power tubes (which are the 2 big ones, the 6l6gc tubes) and if they're a couple years old, I'd change them as well, or at least get some spares. Power tubes don't normally last as long as preamp tubes.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion