I play a Fender Telecaster Mexican Series, through a BOSS Me-70.

I need a new amp, but don't need a digital modelling amp as I have a multi effects unit
for all the effects.

I don't mind if it's valve or not, but no cabs. It just needs to be gig worthy, so preferably over 40-50 watts, and under £400.

Suggestions please, thanks
- My Gear -

Fender Telecaster Arctic White
Martin & Co 000X1AE
Fender Frontman 212R
BOSS RC-30
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Last edited by Rhys.J at Mar 1, 2012,
is teh budget flexible?

thomann does the traynor ycv50b for ~£480 or so, which is hard to beat for the money, but it's a little over budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
look at second hand marshalls on ebay, I got a JCM800 combo for around that price for my first real amp.
---
Quote by 95thFallout
Peavey Windsor and mod the heck out of it tthats what i ddid

Close but the Peavey ValveKing is a better value. Get a used one if you can and a new speaker
and tubes and your all set for everything short of hardcore metal.
what's the point, though? i mean the traynor is better than those amps even when they're modded, and no more expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's the point, though? i mean the traynor is better than those amps even when they're modded, and no more expensive.

Does the Traynor operate at 20 watts as well as 50? All of the mods to the ValveKing
are well known as are speaker selection for general purposes or select genres.
Tube swap info is readily available to keep you from buying an inferior set of tubes for
a VK. A used VK 112 is around $275-300. Are used Traynors of that model that cheap?
Is the clean channel on the traynor as good a clean as you can get from a Fender?
The one on the VK is.

To the OP do you like the tone of 6L6 or EL34 power tubes?
Do you care?
the traynor is in a plywood cab. do your mods build a new cab for the VK?
it's made in canada
it doesn't need any mods
its boost is tube, unlike the valveking's
the clean channel on the traynor is pretty good, from what i remember, though admittedly i've only tried the 40 watt (6L6) version
EDIT: also i would argue a valveking's clean channel isn't as good as a fender. though i'd need to see the schematic in case i was hearing with my eyes

you can get a new traynor in europe for little more than a valveking (less than the 100 watt valveking). It's only about £100 more than the valveking, which fwiw is about the price of a decent speaker. it's just a better deal.

you're suggesting he buy a lada and mod it to be not quite as good as a lexus for more money than the lexus costs. i'm suggesting that he just buy the damn lexus in the first place.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 1, 2012,
As long as you don't need sparkling clean potential a Jet City JCA20 combo would be a nice amp. Sorry I can't help much more than that, I'm not familiar with how much 400 pounds will get you

Possibly a Peavey Classic 30/50?
What genres are you playing, and how much clean potential/distortion potential would you need?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]