Hi all we are a metalcore band and we are having a discussion about speakers. Basically we are debating whether it is worth using Celestion Vintage 30s over Celestion G12T-75s. We currently have Marshall 1960a's with stock G12T-75s in them, and we are wondering if it is worth the extra cash and effort to swap the speakers out.

Also, if anyone can name some metal or metalcore artists that use V30s or that use G12T-75s that would be helpful.

Would the V30s be more suited to the kind of sound we want to achieve? Or should we stick with the stock speakers from the 1960a.

The kind of sound we are going for is similar to Miss May I, Devil Wears Prada and August Burns Red.

We are using Peavey 6505 heads.

Thanks.
I am not at all an expert on this but I believe the answer is probably gonna be yes. The V30's are more mid focused etc which is especially helpful if you're downtuning (and I assume you are since those bands all play in Drop C or Drop D.)

However, I myself have the 1960 and I do like using the stock speakers for when I play songs like that. In the end you can chalk it up to personal preference and do what you want I think.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3770
Ibanez S5EX1
Jackson SLS3
Jackson RR24
Jet City JCA50H
Marshall 1960A
One option that seems pretty popular is to mix the two types. In a 4x12 that would be 2 of each in an X pattern. I'm planning on trying something like that with my Carvin 412 (except I wanna try a V30-G12K100 mix).
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
^ +1, i was just coming in here to say that. I haven't tried it myself, though.

you might as well try the x-pattern thing with v30s and g1275ts because it'll cost you a lot less. also, if the cab has mono-stereo capability (i think it does) you should be able to set it that you just hear the v30s, too, and that'll let you hear how they sound alone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in addition to the X pattern you could save yourself some bucks by going with a V30 clone.

www.warehouseguitarspeakers.com Veteran 30 (less mid spike)
www.avatarspeakers.com Hellatone 60 (this is actually a Vintage 30 in disguise
Eminence Governer
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
in addition to the X pattern you could save yourself some bucks by going with a V30 clone.

www.warehouseguitarspeakers.com Veteran 30 (less mid spike)
www.avatarspeakers.com Hellatone 60 (this is actually a Vintage 30 in disguise
Eminence Governer

I already have a 212 Harley Benton with V30s in so when I get a 1960a 4x12, one possibility is to swap the V30s into the 4x12 and sell the Harley Benton with two of the 1690a speakers in it.

I tried an Eminence Governor in my 6505+ Combo and while it was a big improvement over the stock speaker, it doesn't sound nearly as good as the V30s in my 212.
oh right, yeah that'd be worth considering if you already have the v30s (though they need to be the right impedance, so it's fingers crossed time, i guess).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?