Before you write this off as another amp wattage vs volume question, let me tell you that is not what this is. I am looking for a new amp to replace my Blackheart Little Giant. I love the tone of it, but when i jam, it doesn't have enough headroom to stay clean at the volumes I need, and it gets this gross trebly distorted sound I don't like. I want to get something louder with more headroom. I am down to three amps. I can get the more powerful handsome devil 15w blackheart amp, a Fender Blues Jr NOS, or a Fender Blues Deluxe. I am unsure about getting either the blackheart or blues jr because they are both only 15 watts, unlike the deluxe, which is 40w. So basically, I am just wondering if a 15w tube amp will be significantly louder than a 5w tube amp, or if I should just go for the 40w deluxe. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
I have the Blues Jr. I have played many times in a band (1 other guitarist, 1 bassist, drummer, singer) and it was perfect. Great cleans at rehearsing levels.

I have never tried it on stage so I can't tell you more, but it stays clean for jamming that's for sure.

I play rock kind of stuff like Strokes etc.
go with the deluxe, just for the sake of rather safe than sorry, if you get 15w and it ends up not being enough...damn! If you can stretch your budget father check out the deluxe reverb, thing is only 22w but the head room on it is crazy. i've seen the used reissues go for as low as $500
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
If headroom is your main concern I'd go with something 30-50 watts. 15w isn't really the best place for headroom.

I say grab that deluxe.
Quote by gerraguitar
go with the deluxe, just for the sake of rather safe than sorry, if you get 15w and it ends up not being enough...damn! If you can stretch your budget father check out the deluxe reverb, thing is only 22w but the head room on it is crazy. i've seen the used reissues go for as low as $500

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I guess what I'm saying is that the three amps you listed are all voiced pretty differently. There are other things that affect your clean tone, etc besides just the wattage listed on the back of the amp. In a gigging environment it is more about having your tone heard over a drummer and whether or not you are mic'ed up or not. In other words, don't get sucked into the wattage game at the expense of not getting the amp you really want.

To answer your question, a 15w amp is not significantly louder than a 5w amp, and if you want to just get a higher wattage amp to have more watts then obviously the Blues Deluxe has 40 watts - but still may not be the right choice we don't know.

PS: The Blues Jr is probably one of my favorite Fender amps (I really like the way it is voiced, but it suffers in some other areas) and I own a Blackheart Killer Ant. My Vypyr 60 has a very convincing Fender Twin setting as well as Marshall, Vox, Bad Cat and others.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I guess what I'm saying is that the three amps you listed are all voiced pretty differently. There are other things that affect your clean tone, etc besides just the wattage listed on the back of the amp. In a gigging environment it is more about having your tone heard over a drummer and whether or not you are mic'ed up or not. In other words, don't get sucked into the wattage game at the expense of not getting the amp you really want.

To answer your question, a 15w amp is not significantly louder than a 5w amp, and if you want to just get a higher wattage amp to have more watts then obviously the Blues Deluxe has 40 watts - but still may not be the right choice we don't know.

PS: The Blues Jr is probably one of my favorite Fender amps (I really like the way it is voiced, but it suffers in some other areas) and I own a Blackheart Killer Ant. My Vypyr 60 has a very convincing Fender Twin setting as well as Marshall, Vox, Bad Cat and others.

I see what you are saying. I love the tone of both the deluxe and Blues Jr, my concern is just if I would need to spend more on the Blues Deluxe to get more volume and headroom than the blues jr. I think, though, that the Blues Deluxe is right now my first choice. I just need to get my Little Giant sold so I can afford it. Dang small name amp company.
I'd say if you like the tone of those two equally then get the higher wattage Blues Deluxe. I've never actually played the Blues Deluxe though so my response is strictly based on the wattage (for headroom).

I really like most all of the Blackheart amps. Great tone for the buck. You shouldn't have to much trouble.