So I recently ordered some emgs for my explorer and I have a question or two.
1. When I take out my old pickups, is there a rightway to take out the old wires or do I just cut them all out?
2. Because the emgs I ordered come with all the wires and whatnot the only wire I leave in my guitar is the ground wire, right?

I know these sound like rookie questions but this is the first time I've ever worked with the wiring on my guitar so I just don't wanna make any huge mistakes. Thanks
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."
1) Desolder them, that way you don't ruin the pups and you can sell them or re-use them
2) Sounds about right, as long as you're getting pots etc with the new pups
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Best tape the loose ground wire and attach it somewhere to the cavity.
You don't want loose cable dangling around between your electronics.
Desolder the wires, please don't cut them. That's a horrible thing to do, and shortens the length of your leads. If you did that every time you swapped pickups, soon you'd have useless pickups.

If you bought new EMG's, they should be completely solderless, and come with instructions. EMG's are childs play to install.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I think EMG's were designed so that kids can put them in their Warlocks without burning their fingers on a soldering iron.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Thanks for your help. Its good to hear some constructive help from SOME people.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."