When I'm doing a song that i find difficult my fingers seem to sort of "stiffen" up. This make it very hard for me to play something simple after.

It usually happens if i have to make stretches that i find hard.

Is this normal or is there a way to stop this?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
When I'm doing a song that i find difficult my fingers seem to sort of "stiffen" up. This make it very hard for me to play something simple after.

It usually happens if i have to make stretches that i find hard.

Is this normal or is there a way to stop this?

Sounds like you're unnecessarily tense, which means you need to either practice the difficult song more or rework your technique to make it more relaxed.

Personally I don't think this has ever happened to me - my fingers feel completely loose after playing something technical.
Quote by :-D

Personally I don't think this has ever happened to me - my fingers feel completely loose after playing something technical.

I'm green with envy *_*
"Yeees I am your god!" John Petrucci, Phsyco excercises
Thanks everyone. I think it might be the relaxation thing. working on finger independence now

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."