I'm looking to add a new pedal to my inventory, or possibly replace one. I'm wanting a British-voiced distortion pedal with an amount of gain comparable to the Hardwire TL-2. Any suggestions?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
look at the amptweaker tightrock
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
The first one that comes to mind is the plexitone, but that's $250.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i think u may the closest to ur budget would be one of the blackstar pedals. i don't know an exact price but lets say approximately $200 to be safe. they have the ISF knob which can help u go from an american voicing to a british voicing
proco rat perhaps?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
It sort of defeats the purpose of having a "British" voiced pedal with same amount of distortion on tap as a TL-2, but that's just my opinion. If you really want to go there, the MI Audio Crunch Box will get you there. There is a TON of distortion in that pedal, and it's voiced to sound like an 80s Marshall. You should be able to find one for around your price range or less if you search used. I had one, but I switched over to an EL84 amp which needs more transparent dirt boxes.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
It sort of defeats the purpose of having a "British" voiced pedal with same amount of distortion on tap as a TL-2, but that's just my opinion. If you really want to go there, the MI Audio Crunch Box will get you there. There is a TON of distortion in that pedal, and it's voiced to sound like an 80s Marshall. You should be able to find one for around your price range or less if you search used. I had one, but I switched over to an EL84 amp which needs more transparent dirt boxes.

+1 to this. The Crunch Box is excellent, and exactly what you need.
There's also the boss power stack which you can probably find for under $100.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food