Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. I was thinking about this earlier and I thought it would make for an interesting thread! What are some notable Fender Signature guitars? I have the Tom Delonge strat. I was wondering if there are any others out there worth talking about.
I personally like the Jim Root signature tele and strat..I havent had the chance to play either of them yet but they look and sound nice
GEAR:

Gibson 1980 Les Paul Firebrand
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Ibanez RG-160b
Sx Furrian
Ibanez RG-7321
Jet City JCA20H + Bugera 212V-BK
The Richie Sambora and older Jeff Beck models were to die for. Not surprising they're some of the few 90s Fenders that have already started to go up in value somewhat.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Zacky_Gates
I personally like the Jim Root signature tele and strat..I havent had the chance to play either of them yet but they look and sound nice

This is my suggestion as well.
Johnny Marr's signature jag.

/thread.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
There is the (infamous) SRV Strat. Known for it's ridiculous asking price. The original Eric Johnson Strat was pretty notably, as well as the John Mayer Black1.

Also, there used to be the much beloved Jag-Stang, which was basically a Kurt Cobain signature.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
dave murray signature strat

/thread
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by JKHC
Johnny Marr's signature jag.

/thread.

Seriously. It's the first Fender sig that i feel actually is worth the price. Everything else just seems like the artist chose some pick ups and maybe a strange finish but the mod johnny made are fantastic.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Seriously. It's the first Fender sig that i feel actually is worth the price. Everything else just seems like the artist chose some pick ups and maybe a strange finish but the mod johnny made are fantastic.

This may be the blink fan in me as a bias, but the Tom Delonge strat doesn't look, feel or seem random to me. I really love how the guitar feels, plays and sounds.
the yngwie one is a pretty wild turn, u should play it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Mark Hoppus signiture bass in olympic white with the tort guard. Has great tone, a great bridge for the price point, a distinctive look that (in that color) throws back to the early days of punk rock. I always loved those basses.

I also love the two current Kurt Cobain models, the Jaguar and the Mustang. They're really sweet looking guitars with killer tone and are built very well. I, actually, prefer them to the old Japanese Jagstangs they used to make.

And the Jim Atkin's signiture telecaster really mixes up the formula.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
i tried a clapton strat recently, not impressed. the noiseless pickups give a very thin tone and the midboost circuit did nothing to improve it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I am really looking forward to hunting down the Jim Adkins model when I get back stateside. Love the band, Jim's a cool fellow, and I need some P90's.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit
I am really looking forward to hunting down the Jim Adkins model when I get back stateside. Love the band, Jim's a cool fellow, and I need some P90's.

and it's cheap

Lived by tom linton for years. jimmy eat world is awesome

but on topic, the john mayer sig is amazing
not only are the pickups fantastic, but the neck with dunlop 6105 frets is also very nice.
Quote by DanTheHobbit

I love Jimmy Eat World, and was about to buy this... Then I saw the hollowed portion of the body and it turned me off. Shoulda made this completely solid body.
Quote by Dalymiddleboro
I love Jimmy Eat World, and was about to buy this... Then I saw the hollowed portion of the body and it turned me off. Shoulda made this completely solid body.
But then it wouldn't sound the same, which defeats the point.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Ive once played one of the 83 John Mayer Masterbuildt Black One's. That was really nice guitar, with a stupid price tag.
Custom Shop Masterbuilt cost what they do because they are literally the very best you can get. You can't expect them to be cheap.
Quote by MrFlibble
But then it wouldn't sound the same, which defeats the point.

I understand that, I was speaking from an aesthetic point of view. I love the sound, just I hate how telecasters look hollowed out.
the yngwie strat is a nice one and i like the jeff beck as well. the only thing about the beck strat is that if you can find a late 80s strat plus then it's pretty much the same thing and will be cheaper. the eric johnson strats are pretty nice as well. some of the other sig models seem kinda pointless to me as you can just take a regular strat and slap in different pickups to get the same thing. in my book sig models are only worht it if they offer something really different that can't be easily duplicated.
Quote by IronMaiden76
dave murray signature strat

/thread

That and the Yngwie Malmsteen Strat is my favourites of the Fender Artist Series. My brother has the Dave Murray Signature, and I like it a lot.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I'm just curious... IS there a list of ALL the signature fenders some where? I ran a quick google query and didn't come up with anything substantial...
SRV, John Mayer... Although I think the Eric Johnson one is fantastic.
Even though I'm not a big fan of Johnny Marr I think his jaguar is amazing. I also quite like the Elvis Costello Jazzmaster.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
John 5's telecasters are pretty sweet. I love that weird looking headstock, I haven't had a chance to play one tho
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar
Quote by Ippon
The Fender CS Playboy Strat isn't a sig; but, it's one of the most playable ... can't post pics because of the boobage.

Cmon you know you want to... lol

I like the John 5 Sig but only the Squier one. The J5 fenders headstock is one of the ugliest headstocks ive seen. This is just my opinion, of course I am a huge fan of telecaster headstocks as I have taken my first acts headstock and cut it into a tele shape.
I've had GAS for the Billy Corgan Strat for like two years now. It seems amazing.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Cmon you know you want to... lol

I like the John 5 Sig but only the Squier one. The J5 fenders headstock is one of the ugliest headstocks ive seen. This is just my opinion, of course I am a huge fan of telecaster headstocks as I have taken my first acts headstock and cut it into a tele shape.

I like the body's on telecasters, but hate the headstocks... They look so sad,depressed and shriveled...
Quote by NewsoftheWorld

I don't have a problem with the Marr sig, but... He hasn't used a Jag for much of his career. From what I gather from most Marr fans, they definitely prefer his work with the Smiths and his other bands over Modest Mouse or the Cribs. Through most of his career, he's gone from guitar to guitar with only a Strat being consistent throughout.
Quote by Buck's Student
I don't have a problem with the Marr sig, but... He hasn't used a Jag for much of his career. From what I gather from most Marr fans, they definitely prefer his work with the Smiths and his other bands over Modest Mouse or the Cribs. Through most of his career, he's gone from guitar to guitar with only a Strat being consistent throughout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoUB9qBdg4

It seems like hes found the guitar that covers him for all the different things hes done through the years though. He could be lying just to sell the guitar but I believe him.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
The Robert Cray signature Strat is awesome if you like a good bluesy-sweet sound. It is relatively inexpensive compared to other signature series Strats. I really like it because it is a hardtail, and I'm not a big tremolo guy. The pups scream. I played one once, and have been in love since.
Ibanez SR1200E
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPoUB9qBdg4

It seems like hes found the guitar that covers him for all the different things hes done through the years though. He could be lying just to sell the guitar but I believe him.

He's the same guy who said his dream guitar was a Rickenbacker, yet he's used Rickenbacker guitars minimally through his career. So many fans associate him with the 330, too, and yet, he didn't even use it a lot for the Smiths, and never had interest in a signature model.

He's weird.
I can't believe nobody has mentioned David Gilmour's Strat yet. Incredible, incredible guitar.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
I can't believe nobody has mentioned David Gilmour's Strat yet. Incredible, incredible guitar.

Expensive, expensive guitar.
Quote by cdr_salamander
It's not that special though. It's a basic Strat + a fairly standard EMG set up that you can even buy separately to put on any other Strat.
Quote by MrFlibble
It's not that special though. It's a basic Strat + a fairly standard EMG set up that you can even buy separately to put on any other Strat.

He's probably talking about the BLACK signature Strat; based on the Strat he's used since the seventies.
confession: i did not read every post, i did read a good portion.

IMO fender signature guitars are a waste of money unless you really just like that artist enough (which may just be me, but i don't). they have a ton of signature models out there, mostly with just difference color variations, pickups neck, fretboard radiuses. its just money for a name more or less due to the small variation.

this doesn't include guitars like Yngwie Malmsteen, which is scalloped toward the higher end, or some guitars that have other features, (maybe a piezo? i reallly am not sure, as i don't follow fender.

and it does bother me that the standard series MIM only get 21 frets? seems stupid.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 2