I do Music Performance as a VCE (A-Levels etc...) subject and there are only three members of my class, guitar, bass and a drummer.
I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me some suggestions about some jazz trio style music that we could play for our semester one exam on may 18.
Anything would be awesome, nothing ridiculously difficult but.

thanks lads
I mean, if you could find a lead player (sax, second guitar, piano), it'd be a lot easier, but if that's not possible, maybe you could do something like Girl From Ipanema, or Over the Rainbow maybe with the guitar/bass trading off some minor comping. check out this as an over the top example of what I mean ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPr9cdxt1tI (and there's tabs on UG for that)
Four on six. Easy head. Easy changes. Sick song.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
cheers guys. four on six looks awesome and I can't believe I didnt think of Wes Montgomery. we're allowed to do both group and solo for the first semester and I've already got one solo song so this should just about do it.
Thanks guys but keep em comin
Anything from the Trio of Doom jams. Those guys blow my mind
by the time you read this you will be wasting your time because it doesnt say anything
if you like four on six then check out unit 7 as well
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjVGJ3YFDc8

why not something like Herbie Hanckock's Chameleon? Imo you only need that bass and drums to make that tune groove

Yes and yes. That bass player gets sexier with each note she slaps.
Dirty loops is so sick too.

Chameleon is insta-panty drop
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by King Of Suede
That bass player gets sexier with each note she slaps.

Quote by King Of Suede
That bass player gets sexier with each note she slaps.

Dude ... thats a dude.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Nah. its a chick....... =/
Quote by Banjocal
Henrik is definitely the most emo out of the three. Monster bassist, awesome band. Luv 'em.