Page 1 of 2
I've recently been shelling out quite on gear lately, just thought I'd share some new stuff. Some of the things I've bought I've had for a while but never did a NGD for it. So thanks to Matt, Tim and Ben for supplying the NGD!

First up, the Matamp Red!

First off, just wow. This is my first "real" amp and I couldn't be happy with it. It runs 4 EL34's and 4 12AX7's and is LOUD. Very simple layout, 2 channel. 3 band EQ for each channel, gain for each channel and a master volume for each channel. The clean sound has the nicest mix of sweetness and fatness to the sound and makes every note ring out and clear. It takes my pedals so nicely and really compliments them. The drive channel admittedly had me a little disappointed as I was expecting more gain straight from the amp and it was a little harsh and tinny sounding, but after some EQing and a helping hand from a TS9 it delivers a nice boomy, crunchy metal tone which I love to bits. Effects loop in and out and footswitchable channels. Only downside is you need to have a footswitch to go from clean to distortion, no switch on the front. Also there appears to be some issue with the switching system which I'll get sorted out, but other than that it's perfect. Thanks so much to Ben (Simplyben) who packed it really well and got it from UK to Australia in only a week!!!

Two pedlulz next, one is the Blackout Effectors Whetstone !

Great, versatile phaser. So many controls I don't even know what they all do. At the moment I have it set up for a really classic Van Halen style phaser which is much sweeter and has a fuller sweep than my old Phase 90. I've played around with the vibrato setting a little bit and it adds quite a nice, subtle amount of depth to the sound. Honestly, so many controls to use and play around with. It's a bit much Thanks Matt!

Next up is the Mad Professor Mighty Red Distortion !

Now this is the hand wired version which, compared to the CB version, has less output and less gain. But this handles more than enough gain than I need and only ever run it at about 2 o'clock. It's probably the best distortion pedal I've ever played/owned/heard and it's a keeper for my board. It really compliments the clean channel on the Red and certainly delivers a incomparable metal tone. I would recommend this, even the CB version, to anyone out there looking for a "Marshall-in-a-box" distortion for around $200. Thanks Tim!

Now this isn't red but....Orange PPC112 Cab ! No red cabs available

Nice and simple. All I could afford, couldn't really justify a 2x12 atm so this is making do just fine. Houses a single V30 with a closed back. Punchy, tight and a great cab. Only downside is the stack kind of looks like a muffin

Family shot.

Overall, a very red NGD makes me very happy!

Metal clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFqcf6pGgHA
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Last edited by Eppicurt at Mar 6, 2012,
Christ that is sexy.

I need a Matamp.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Christ that is sexy.

I need a Matamp.

Everyone should have a Matamp
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Needs bigger cab. HNGD!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
When I get more financially stable I'm going to get a Hame 2x12 custom made
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I had to Google Hame. They look nice. You should get one in yellow tolex with an orange grill.

Most. Colorful. Amp. Ever.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Save up more and get an Emperor.

Or a Mills Acoustic. Or a Buzzbomb. That RED needs a solid cab.
--

--
From what I've heard, Hame are solid
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
From what I've heard, Hame are solid

Oh oh oh right, I keep forgetting you're in Aus. That'll make it nearly impossible to get an Emperor or MA..

Those Hames do look actually look really good.
--

--
For $650 they better be good. But then again, everything in Aussieland is upmarked to hell and back, so it's actually probably cheap
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Those are just production ones he has, usually you get them made to order. I'm getting closed back, 2x12, V30's and red tolex. About $1100AU.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Man, A/B-ing the Matamp to the Night Train. Suuuuuuuuuuuch a difference. The Matamp has so much more bottom end and depth. The NT sounds so tinny when you switch back to it
Can't believe how soft I can run it as well! Seriously, can go as quiet as the NT.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Man, A/B-ing the Matamp to the Night Train. Suuuuuuuuuuuch a difference. The Matamp has so much more bottom end and depth. The NT sounds so tinny when you switch back to it

congrats, you've graduated to big boy amps now.
Quote by WtrPlyr
nicenicenice

HNAD

I don't when I can do clips, but you guys have to hear this.

Quote by NakedInTheRain
congrats, you've graduated to big boy amps now.

'Bout ****ing time
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Hooray for gutshots!

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The red clashes with the orange pretty bad. Terrible colour combination. But as long as it sounds good that's what matters.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The red clashes with the orange pretty bad. Terrible colour combination. But as long as it sounds good that's what matters.

HNAD

I don't mind it so much

It sounds unreal. Besides the relay issue, this is the greatest purchase I've made recently
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The inside is prettyyyyyyyyy

WANT.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I love muffins.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
I love muffins.

This one's Raspberry flavoured
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt

Quote by darkwolf291
How could you even focus enough to try it out with it uneven like that?

Quote by Eppicurt
The NT sounds so tinny when you switch back to it

I bet

Congrats man. Real Sexy. I reckon it is close to my Quick Rod tonally? I bet my cab would look sexy underneath there.

HNAD!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

I bet

Congrats man. Real Sexy. I reckon it is close to my Quick Rod tonally? I bet my cab would look sexy underneath there.

HNAD!

I mean clearly it is, they're both red You have a red cab?

Should do a Vs. recording for the gear demo thread
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
I mean clearly it is, they're both red You have a red cab?

Should do a Vs. recording for the gear demo thread

No. Just red stripes

but it would look cool right?

I'd be up for a vs. thing but it would have to be something really simple

now im just going out on a limb here but.......

do you like Red things by any chance TS??

HNGD dude
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
It needs to be sitting on 311's cab.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

+1

Although the two name plates would be arguing the whole time.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
No. Just red stripes

but it would look cool right?

I'd be up for a vs. thing but it would have to be something really simple

Oh man. Why show me this? I'm in a habit of colour coding gear right now.

You got PM.

Quote by Ippon
Very sexy and very nice guts! Congrats!

My OCD wants to align that head with the cab. o_0

I'ma leave it lopsided just to annoy you

Quote by shredftw
now im just going out on a limb here but.......

do you like Red things by any chance TS??

HNGD dude

No. What the hell gave you that idea?

Quote by Cathbard

No one likes my orange cab.

I love it.

But it does need to be red.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yummy

Yummy mummy.

I some time off tomorrow, might do some comparison clopz between the NT and Red.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Page 1 of 2