My Blackstar HT5 is picking up a radio station only on the clean channel I have tried different chords, different outlets and can't get it to stop. Anybody have any suggestions on how to eliminate this problem
Cover it in aluminum foil

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You said you tried different chords. Have you tried an Am7? That might help you out.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
in all seriousness, you probably have a ground somewhere in the wiring that came loose. youre best off taking it to a tech.
Are you running your guitar straight into the amp or through a bunch of pedals and shit? Also how long is your lead?

I've had this problem before a couple years ago when i thought i'd hell cool and run my guitar through pedals using really long leads.
Quote by vayne92
Are you running your guitar straight into the amp or through a bunch of pedals and shit? Also how long is your lead?

I've had this problem before a couple years ago when i thought i'd hell cool and run my guitar through pedals using really long leads.

I just have it turned on with nothing plugged in.
It doesn't seem like anyones really interested in helping people in this forum so I guess I will try another one.
From my personal experience, and I'm by no means at all an amp geek, moving my amp to a different position in my room remedied the problem. I notice every once in awhile I get some spanish radio station which is rather annoying and I just place my amp on the other side of my room and can usually get it to clear up.

I've never had the issue persist after that, but like I said I know next to nothing about amps so if that doesn't work for you I suppose google/another forum will be your friend.
Quote by Rockbly
It doesn't seem like anyones really interested in helping people in this forum so I guess I will try another one.

I just did try and help you. Nice to know that i wasted my time giving you a legitimate answer. You can just go **** right off now.
Was my answer funny? I'm serious about the aluminum foil. Take it out of the box, cover it in foil, put it back in. This shields it from interference. My friend had the exact same problem and I made the same suggestion and he did it and it worked.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Rockbly

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T LEAVE US PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Seriously though. People are giving you advice. Why so blue, panda bear?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Rockbly
It's happened to me but only at home.There was a 50,000 watt AM preachers radio station about three miles from my house.He only broadcasted on FFri nite all day Sat&Sun.I had one Mesa triple rec that would pick it up.Especially when it was rainy or cloudy.I took 2 sheets of foam insulation and glued like 2 layers of thick tin foil or aluminum whatever it was and put em in a corner in the studio and put the amp in the corner pointing towards the middle.It worked.I was scared to cover the head cause I thought it would overheat.Maybe it was the diamondplate on the head.I don't know.It was weird the first time it happened,some guy screamin about Jesus was'nt very happy with me coming out of my amp.
Quote by Rockbly

I know the feeling... Believe me!

Just allot of 'Special People' here.

Hang in there, there are some good people here too.
I feel for you. I live about two miles away from a radio station now so i've been picking up interference. I'll have to try some of these to see if it stops