I am looking at swapping out the Burstbuckers in my Gibson Les Paul. Lately, I have found they are found too bright and harsh for my liking. I want something smoother and warmer. So I'm going with the 57 Classic and 57 Classic plus.

I've found a set pretty cheap, but they have a nickel cover on them. Is it possible to take this off?
yes, I did it last week, found it easiest just to use a craft knife to cut the solder. look on youtube for demonstrations.