I searched the forums i couldnt find any substantial info for me to make my decision, currently im looking at EHX Memory Boy Analog Delay pedal which cost $122,(which sort of my budget but can be pushed...slightly :'( im poor)

So far Memory boy serves my delay needs however ive only read mixed comments on it, anyone else can suggest another good delay pedal on the same price range?
Tc electronic Flashback delay, and the boss dd-7 are some ones you should also look at.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Boss DD-7. Excellent, would never dream of buying a different pedal!
The EHX memory boy is pretty good, but the only difference between that and the memory toy ($80) is more control over the pitch modulation effect it has. If the pitch modulation isn't important for you, you may as well go for the memory toy.
The only potential downside to the EHX delays is that since theyre analog, the echos aren't super crisp, but thats a normal difference between analog and digital delay.

The DD-7 is a really versatile digital delay with an analog delay modeling mode, but its $170 which is $50 over budget...
I've never used the tc electronic one, but ive heard good things about it. It's also $50 over budget...
Quote by &baconstrips
The EHX memory boy is pretty good, but the only difference between that and the memory toy ($80) is more control over the pitch modulation effect it has. If the pitch modulation isn't important for you, you may as well go for the memory toy.
The only potential downside to the EHX delays is that since theyre analog, the echos aren't super crisp, but thats a normal difference between analog and digital delay.

The DD-7 is a really versatile digital delay with an analog delay modeling mode, but its $170 which is $50 over budget...
I've never used the tc electronic one, but ive heard good things about it. It's also $50 over budget...

When you say pitch modulations are you referring to the add-in expression pedal which can control the delays on the memory boy? DD7 will definately burn a hole in my pocket thats why i cant really consider it
I definitely recommend the TC Flashback delay. You should be able to get one a little cheaper than a Boss DD7 and the toneprint feature alone is worth it!

The toneprints are downloadable tweaks to the pedal that you can't accomplish by the stock adjustments. There's a designated setting for 'toneprint' which allows you to download modified effects. I have one that's simply a tri-chorus. So in a sense, I have a chorus pedal AND a delay pedal. And there are other toneprints that have just crazy sounds. Additionally, the stock settings sound great. Can't recommend it enough.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
I definitely recommend the TC Flashback delay. You should be able to get one a little cheaper than a Boss DD7 and the toneprint feature alone is worth it!

The toneprints are downloadable tweaks to the pedal that you can't accomplish by the stock adjustments. There's a designated setting for 'toneprint' which allows you to download modified effects. I have one that's simply a tri-chorus. So in a sense, I have a chorus pedal AND a delay pedal. And there are other toneprints that have just crazy sounds. Additionally, the stock settings sound great. Can't recommend it enough.

Just checked out the demo vid, damn damn nice pedal, is it worth the squeeze i need to ponder this weekend lol but definately beautiful delays from what im hearing,,,,definitely better then memory boy
Quote by doubleG
Boss DD-7. Excellent, would never dream of buying a different pedal!

Isnt the DD-7 almost 200$ USD tho?

Ill reccomend the MXR Carbon Copy, I have one and Im very happy with it and theyre cheaper than the DD-7, as well as analouge
Quote by hEadShoVeL
I searched the forums i couldnt find any substantial info for me to make my decision, currently im looking at EHX Memory Boy Analog Delay pedal which cost $122,(which sort of my budget but can be pushed...slightly :'( im poor)

So far Memory boy serves my delay needs however ive only read mixed comments on it, anyone else can suggest another good delay pedal on the same price range?

you're always going to get mixed reviews on any pedal as they won't make everyone happy.

check out the Lovepedal Gen 5 delay. they are on closeout for $120 at GC. i just picked one up a couple weeks back and think they are a really good pedal. i will note that i like a more tape delay kind of sound with degrading repeats. the TC Electronics pedal mentioned is a really good option as well.
Quote by hEadShoVeL
When you say pitch modulations are you referring to the add-in expression pedal which can control the delays on the memory boy? DD7 will definately burn a hole in my pocket thats why i cant really consider it

Both the memory toy and memory boy have the option to modulate the pitch of the echoed sound, but they control it differently. With the memory toy theres just a switch to turn it on or off, but with the memory boy theres a knob and 2 switches to control the shape/depth/type of modulation, and you get the expression pedal option as well.

I find the pitch modulation a bit goofy tbh... not worth the extra 40 if you go this route imo

by all means go for the other options if you decide you wanna shell out the extra cash
I don't think they turn up used very often, but a Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay is awesomely versatile.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by &baconstrips
Both the memory toy and memory boy have the option to modulate the pitch of the echoed sound, but they control it differently. With the memory toy theres just a switch to turn it on or off, but with the memory boy theres a knob and 2 switches to control the shape/depth/type of modulation, and you get the expression pedal option as well.

I find the pitch modulation a bit goofy tbh... not worth the extra 40 if you go this route imo

by all means go for the other options if you decide you wanna shell out the extra cash

ah i see its much clearer now what u meant thanks man
anyway, Thank you all for the suggestions thus far and i mean it when i say i appreciate it all the feedback here, i think i have settled down on tc electronics flashback the range it super wide for me to experiment and stuff, getting it from ebay for $160(gonna have to eat bread for the next month bah need to loose the weight anyway) hopefully it comes to me in 1 piece
I LOVE my Ibanez/Maxon DDL. It doesn't have all the crazy backwards space echos, but it does what it does very well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."