I came across this archtop guitar with no name... the only mark is "Tuwel de Lusee" inscribed in the upper body in small letters. The owner says that he bought it in Finland in the ´60´s and he thought that it was made in northern Europe... nothing else. It has maple back and sides and a spruce top. The body is large (17") but is only 3" thick. Any information would be much appreciated.
Attachments:
IMG_0085.JPG
Last edited by klindemere at Mar 2, 2012,
many times these are all fake guitars
If he bought it in the 60's check out all the companies excisted in that time

By the what are the specs and the price
Try it ! If you like it buy it
I live in india even i came across with a guitar like this, the owner said it that it was old.
I played it, was worse than $500 guitar, said that the pickups were duncans but fake
The price listed was $750

My opinion is not to buy that axe if it is not of any company
Quote by alcatraz alonso
i saw the image later and it looks awful
Tune o matic bridge, 2 single coils

Maybe its useless!!

That's not a tune-o-matic bridge

You do not know that those are single coils ... and so what if they are??

Good job putting down another guy's ax -- maybe it is a handcarved one-of-a-kind semi-hollow that sounds fantastic to the OP.
I asked someone else about it...he said it could be an EKO from Italy.*. He also noted certain elements reminded him of early Framus, and that there were a bunch of companies in 1950's Germany doing similar guitars.

* Or it could be some luthier doing a knockoff of an EKO.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 6, 2012,
With that in mind, I did a search for old EKOs- didn't find it- and old German guitars.

I found a hint: http://www.rickresource.com/rrp/theroger.html

Look way down on the page, and you'll see a guy holding a very similar guitar.

http://www.tatadoheaven.com/Ric/images/germancarve/roger.jpg

According to this site:
http://www.rickresource.com/rrp/theroger.html

...this is the Rossmeisl-designed Rickenbacker Jazzbo prototype from 1958.

It could be that the person who made that guitar was close to Rossmeisl or Rickenbacker...or just ripped 'em off, design-wise.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It looks like a Hopf 320, designed by Gustav Glassl and made in Germany in the 50's and early 60's.

I think your guitar may have an aftermarket tailpiece (it looks like a Gibson-style tailpiece) and electronics. The pickups and knobs are in an odd positon, which leads me to believe they were not installed by the original guitar maker.
FYI... that could very well be a tune-o-matic bridge, its just mounted on an archtop bridge base. I know, I have one.

I do the Sashki found it. Or at least what its suppose to look like.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77