Hi Guys!!!

I'm now starting to play in a band and I'm looking for a second-hand amps to begin with and would like to have your advice regarding the 2 that I have found:

Marshall LEAD 100 MOSFET

VOX Valvetronix AD 100 VT

I Know nothing regarding amps but I play guitar quite well, but I always use my Logitech Speaker to play my guitar at home ...

My playing style is blues, blues rock and rock (Creedence, Deep Purple, Gary Moore, etc)

Thanks for your help
i have a Vox VT50 (the model after the AD-VT series) and it's a great amp, some tone-heads will hate on modelling amps for reasons unknown to me, but i think it's a great amp, and if you can pick one up at a better price for it being used then i'd say 'do it'
Quote by Dempsey68
i have a Vox VT50 (the model after the AD-VT series) and it's a great amp, some tone-heads will hate on modelling amps for reasons unknown to me, but i think it's a great amp, and if you can pick one up at a better price for it being used then i'd say 'do it'
1)the feel is wrong, and 2) they can do "everything", but they can't do anything great.
I had the Vox VT100 and got rid of it. I think tone was okay on it, but the modeling constantly caused volume issues. When I would switch back and forth between channels the volumes would increase/decrease. Regardless of how many times I adjusted and re-adjusted the volumes on the individual channels it would still end different. But this could have just been my amp, who knows. It def offers a TON of different modeled amps and effects. And for the price its hard to beat. I think for style it could work really well for you. Its also pretty loud by itself and if you mic it you should have no problems playing gigs.

I eventually sold mine and bought a Mesa Roadster which I am very thankful I did for the style I play. (Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, etc). Its perfect, but it was also $2700 (head/cab) when it was all said and done versus the $400 you can buy the VT100 for brand new. Good luck!
VOX or Marshall will get the job done, as would many other brands of amps. Don't limit yourself to these two as you may find another choice that you like more, it's really up to which sound you prefer.

Personally, VOX amps are my favorite.
Regardless of how many times I adjusted and re-adjusted the volumes on the individual channels it would still end different.
Quote by Leep_dog
VOX or Marshall will get the job done, as would many other brands of amps. Don't limit yourself to these two as you may find another choice that you like more, it's really up to which sound you prefer.

+1

Budget?
New or Used?
Genres? blues, blues rock and rock (Creedence, Deep Purple, Gary Moore, etc
Home or Gig? both
Location?
Current gear?
Thanks for all your advice.

Actually I'm interested to these 2 amps as they were proposed for the same price.

They are both 2nd hand - used amps (head + balffle)

I have: PRS Tremonti guitar + Ibanez Artist and a Digitech RP 255 effect

I'm looking for my first amp not too expensive (around 400 - 500 $) really to start with and probably will upgrade it once I gain more experience with my first band.

Again thanks for sharing your thoughts

Greetings from Switzerland
I don't know what your situation is or what you have access to in Switzerland, but I recommend trying out any amp before you buy it. For your price range, you have a lot of choices, or at least you would in the US. You may be able to find a nice deal on a used amp in your range, such as: Vox AC15, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Fender Blues Junior, a Blackstar amp, Orange Tiny Terror, an Ibanez TSA15, Jet City amp or any number of other amps.

Again, I recommend doing some more research before deciding on the 2 you've narrowed down to. I like the Vox VT series, you may hate them as some do.
I would recommend a Vox AC15. New it would be just above your budget, but it will get the tones you mentioned very well. It's also plenty loud for small gigs, even unmiced. Plus, it's a tube amp, and tube amps pretty much always sound the best, no matter what your playing.
Yea, don't be one of those people who freaks out when they see a low priced Marshall. I don't think 100 watts is absolutely necessary for playing in a band anyway. I would also recommend a Vox AC15. It's perfect for blues and lighter rock, but you might need a boost for hard rock stuff. And you might need to mic it up if you play a gig, especially outdoors.