I've been reading about the new Ernie Ball Cobalt strings, and I think they look pretty good. I was wondering if anyone on here has used them, and are they worth the near double price-point of the 'normal' Ernie Ball strings?
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
I would guess no. But maybe I am just too cynical...
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I have them, and so far they are pretty good. My tone did change for the better in the sense of clarity and punch, especially with the volume up high. However, I am not sure on how long this will last, which is what really matters.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Check the review section. I think somebody did one on them on Wed or Thurs.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Pyrax87, how long have you had them on so far?

GOLDIE93, yeah I saw that review - that's what made me look into them. I was just looking for a (call me a cynic here) unbias opinion on them.

Thanks guys!
My Current Gear
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Cherry Burst) || Gibson Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)
Marshall 1987X and 1960AX || Weber Mass 100
Fulltone OCD pedal || Ibanez TS-9 tube screamer || Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker || Boss AC2
This will be my fourth day. Definitely not enough to gauge longevity.
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
I'm keen to try them, as I really liked the Ernie Ball coated titanium strings when I tried those and if these can live up to that standard, great. my only issue is the price; the main reason why I started using Ernie Ball strings at all was simply because they're so cheap and everywhere always has them in stock. I did love the titanium coated strings for a while but I ended up going back to the regulars once I took stock of how much I was spending on strings. These cobalts, while interesting, are going to have to be really special for me to be a regular user.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Think I will try a set of these! On Barney the purple axeasourous. My new ARZ800 metal axe!
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
What do the strings look like? I mean color/shade wise.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I've been using them for about a week now, and while I think they may sound slightly better, I don't really know that its worth double the price. Obviously not sure about longevity yet, but I usually end up changing my strings because they get dirty more than anyway, so I don't really think it'll effect that. I may use them on my R9, but on my other guitars I think I'm just gonna stick with regular.

Quote by omidmash
What do the strings look like? I mean color/shade wise.

Exactly the same as regular EB strings.