Hello Ultimate Guitar!

A few of months ago I bought an Ibanez Xiphos XPT700 from thomann.de, the instrument arrived to me in London, UK in perfect condition and served very very well.
More recently, there came a point where I had to change the strings, and being a noob and used to a fixed bridge, I took em all off and slapped on a new set (same string gauge, 9-42). Needless to say, the Edge III Tremolo fell straight into the body of the guitar and the next two weeks were a heated battle to fight the guitar back into tune, which I won in the end.
For another month or two the the new strings worked just fine, with almost no tuning problems, until my top E broke and I decided it was time to swap out the others as they were getting brown and nasty. Not wanting to repeat the mistakes of before, I decided to take the weapon down to Denmark Street and have the whole thing set up and put on the new strings, hopefully correcting whatever mess I had inflicted on the tremolo in the past.
A week later I came back to collect it, with polished frets, a corrected tremolo (apparently it was 'all over the place' - edges had been at 30* before and were now parallel, thanks guys), adjusted neck (was too straight), adjusted pickups and most importantly, new strings.
Taking her home that night, I settled down for my daily practice only to find that the instrument started in perfect tuning and slowly dropped after about 3-4 minutes of playing. The tuning dropped by roughly 1/4 step, most prominently on the lower strings. The strange thing is, the fault could be temporarily corrected by pulling all the way back on the trem bar, holding it for a couple of seconds, then releasing it. This brought the tuning back up to near-perfect, only for it to drop again over time.
Note that while playing, I barely use the tremolo, and haven't touched it at all since the issue came to light. Still, it detunes itself while I'm playing.
In frustration I called up the shop on Denmark Street to explain the problem, and I brought it in the next day to see what they could do about it. I collected it later that day and still, I'm getting the strange tuning drop (they said they have no idea what can be causing this).
Since I got home I've been tightening up the various allen-screws on the nut and string locks on the bridge, to no avail.

And so that brings me here! I'm getting annoyed with this shop seeing as they seemed to introduce the problem and now are unable to get rid of it. What can the collective knowledge of UG suggest?

Thanks for any help
-Ino

PS: I know the Edge III is poop, as reviewed by many people, and not-that-bad reviewed by others. I've had no trouble with it before this, so I'm wondering what else I can do to fix this myself.
===================================
Weaponry:
Squier SE
Jackson JS32T Rhoads
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Sound:
Squier SP10 Amp + iRig for iPhone
AMPS ARE OVERRATED! And I'm poor

My quest began in late 2010, you'd best be afraid.
Last edited by Inorien at Mar 2, 2012,
It sounds like the strings aren't fully stretched out. I'd recommend taking the tremelo and just pulling the strings tight with it once every 5-10 minutes for an our and then re-tuning the guitar. If that doesn't work then it must be a problem with the bridge itself.
If you never use the trem, you could just bolt it down. That would probably solve the issue.
Make sure the locking nut is tight.

Make sure they didn't crack the body around the pivot studs.

Or it could just be that they did a shitty setup and the spring/string tension isn't balanced like it should be.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Thanks for the fast replies guys!

Quote by MonsterMetalMus
It sounds like the strings aren't fully stretched out. I'd recommend taking the tremelo and just pulling the strings tight with it once every 5-10 minutes for an our and then re-tuning the guitar. If that doesn't work then it must be a problem with the bridge itself.

I'd been suspecting this might be the case. I'm stretching them now using the technique you suggest, I guess we'll see in a while if it pays off.

Quote by DrewMeyer
If you never use the trem, you could just bolt it down. That would probably solve the issue.

But I love my trem ;_;

Quote by stonyman65
Make sure the locking nut is tight.

Make sure they didn't crack the body around the pivot studs.

Or it could just be that they did a shitty setup and the spring/string tension isn't balanced like it should be.

Already checked up all the nuts, and I'll be redoing them once I return after following MonsterMetalMus' idea. I've given it a once-over and I can't see any signs of physical damage, and nothing looks over-tightened, at least, not with my untrained eyes. I seriously hope they didn't do a flop job on this, I paid good money for it and have had all my guitars serviced there!
Weaponry:
Squier SE
Jackson JS32T Rhoads
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Sound:

Last edited by Inorien at Mar 2, 2012,
Done a load of stretching (so much stretching) and the problem remains exactly as before. Beginning to think its a shitty job by the people at Denmark St, and that my springs are not in balance.

I might as well have saved my money at the end of this fiasco!
Weaponry:
Squier SE
Jackson JS32T Rhoads
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Sound:

Take it back to the shop and tell tem to fix it thr right way. FR style trems are a pain for most people to work on, because of the extensive amount of time they normaly take compared to other guitars.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate