Page 1 of 4
Wow, someone knows how to stir up a shitstorm. What a stupid assumption. Because there is no defining evidence that Jesus was male, this woman assumes he was a hermaphrodite. Why not suggest that he could have been a woman?

I think she's just trolling.

Linkage
She continues: “We cannot know for sure that Jesus was male – since we do not have a body to examine and analyse – it can only be that Jesus’ masculine gender role, rather than his male sex, is having to bear the weight of all this authority.”

What's unreasonable about that? We don't
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^This.

The day that a skeleton is produced for analysis is the day that stuff like this stops.

Sure, he's always referred to as 'the son of god', but how can anyone be sure on the gender? Could have just been a really ugly girl.
Well, the bible never mentions Jesus having morning wood, so it's possible that he was a she with ladyparts and dity pillows and everything.
Hermaphorditis. It's a BSTD, a butt sexually transmitted disease.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I think it's crazier that people assume Jesus was even anything like a human. His name backwards sounds suspiciously like sausage...
It mentions that he was circumcised so we know he had a penis. I'm guessing in those days hermaphrodites would have been killed for being demons so I dont think its likely.

More importantly there is no evidence to suggest that he didnt have a Hellfish tattoo, wear a buttplug 24/7 and fly around on a jetpack powered by dark matter
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
It mentions that he was circumcised so we know he had a penis. I'm guessing in those days hermaphrodites would have been killed for being demons so I dont think its likely.

More importantly there is no evidence to suggest that he didnt have a Hellfish tattoo, wear a buttplug 24/7 and fly around on a jetpack powered by dark matter

You can circumcise girls, too. It's an even more barnaric procedure, but possible.
Quote by whoomit
I think it's crazier that people assume Jesus was even anything like a human. His name backwards sounds suspiciously like sausage...

More than that, if you toss around the letters in his name, remove a few and add new ones, you get the name "Satan".

Pretty mind blowing stuff.
A feminist

stopped reading there
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Kensai
More than that, if you toss around the letters in his name, remove a few and add new ones, you get the name "Satan".

If you remove one, and add a whole bunch of others, you get my username. So I'm Jesus and Satan and some asshole on the internet.
Jesus was a total bro. He has that sweet bro flow haircut, he wears flip flops (sandals) all the time, he is always drinking wine, and he is super chill.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
They say Jesus loves everyone, what the Bible really meant was Jesus is equipped to love everyone.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Kensai

Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. It sure seems like she cares just a little bit too much though...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Eggmond

This. Im almost convinced this lady wrote this article just so people would pay attention to her and undermine men saying 'well jesus was a woman/hermaphadite'
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
You got to look at the actually hebrew words they use to describe jesus in the bible. The way they say "son of god" in the bible in hebrew probably literally means "son''
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Quote by troyofyort
You got to look at the actually hebrew words they use to describe jesus in the bible. The way they say "son of god" in the bible in hebrew probably literally means "son''

Yea, because there are no outright lies in the Bible. At all.
Who the heck is this lady to pass judgement on not only the son of God but also the man who died for our sins.

Let's see how she likes getting judged on Judgement Day when Jesus leaves her behind at the Rapture.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
If you remove one, and add a whole bunch of others, you get my username. So I'm Jesus and Satan and some asshole on the internet.

Mother of God...

Quote by Rogue Hermit
Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. It sure seems like she cares just a little bit too much though...

How is it caring too much? It's Jesus, I don't think you can care too much. I think it makes for an interesting discussion.

Quote by MegadethFan18
Who the heck is this lady to pass judgement on not only the son of God but also the man who died for our sins.

Let's see how she likes getting judged on Judgement Day when Jesus leaves her behind at the Rapture.

You're assuming that (1) Being called hermaphrodite is insulting to Jesus, enough to make one not being called to heaven during the rapture and (2) Jesus is malicious enough to hold a grudge against humans who speculate on his gender.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
You can circumcise girls, too. It's an even more barnaric procedure, but possible.

It's not necessarily more barbaric depending on how its done and to what degree but all non-medical circumcision is pretty disgusting. I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head but I think the passage in the bible refers to the Hebrew practice of male circumcision specifically.
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Kensai

She continues: “We cannot know for sure that Jesus was male – since we do not have a body to examine and analyse – it can only be that Jesus’ masculine gender role, rather than his male sex, is having to bear the weight of all this authority.”

It's wrong because you can say the same thing people like Cleopatra or Napoleon. You know what sex they had, but then you can go "but if he/she was a she/he? I mean... there's no body to examine, right?"

Why not say Napoleon or Lincoln was a hermaphrodite. There's no body we can examine so no one's for sure, right?
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by TimTheWizard
It's wrong because you can say the same thing people like Cleopatra or Napoleon. You know what sex they had, but then you can go "but if he/she was a she/he? I mean... there's no body to examine, right?"

Why not say Napoleon or Lincoln was a hermaphrodite. There's no body we can examine so no one's for sure, right?

I know it's not a part of your argument, but I'm pretty sure there are remains of both Napoleon and Lincoln to examine.

But let's say there aren't. Who cares? Does it hurt anyone if we speculate they might be hermaphrodites? Do you consider it insulting? Why?
Quote by Eggmond
It's not necessarily more barbaric depending on how its done and to what degree but all non-medical circumcision is pretty disgusting. I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head but I think the passage in the bible refers to the Hebrew practice of male circumcision specifically.

Actually, the word I used('barnaric') isn't a typo. It really means that...
sod it, I can't come up with a decent excuse. It's totally a typo.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Yea, because there are no outright lies in the Bible. At all.

I'm just saying if you are gonna make a claim about anything in the bible, use the actual Hebrew meaning...
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
My Bible as Lit. professor suggested that Jesus may have been gay. They don't talk about him nailin' bitches, after all.

Food for though.

Quote by Kensai
I know it's not a part of your argument, but I'm pretty sure there are remains of both Napoleon and Lincoln to examine.

But let's say there aren't. Who cares? Does it hurt anyone if we speculate they might be hermaphrodites? Do you consider it insulting? Why?

Apparently, Napoleon's 'little general' can be found in New Jersey.
Quote by Kensai

You're assuming that (1) Being called hermaphrodite is insulting to Jesus, enough to make one not being called to heaven during the rapture and (2) Jesus is malicious enough to hold a grudge against humans who speculate on his gender.

1) If someone called me a hermaphrodite and I wasn't I'd be pretty angry, maybe Jesus is a better man than me.
2) Maybe not Jesus but I can't imagine God letting it fly. He doesn't even allow a Bro to get tatted up, he certainly won't stand for someone making unfounded claims about his only Son.
Quote by neidnarb11890
My Bible as Lit. professor suggested that Jesus may have been gay. They don't talk about him nailin' bitches, after all.

Food for though.

To be fair to the J-man, I haven't had any for years, and I'm not gay.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Apparently, Napoleon's 'little general' can be found in New Jersey.

In 1927, the penis was on display in New York City, where it was mocked for its small size.

Americans...

Quote by MegadethFan18
1) If someone called me a hermaphrodite and I wasn't I'd be pretty angry, maybe Jesus is a better man than me.
2) Maybe not Jesus but I can't imagine God letting it fly. He doesn't even allow a Bro to get tatted up, he certainly won't stand for someone making unfounded claims about his only Son.

Do you get angry for everything people call you and you're not? I seriously doubt Jesus would be, he seems like a laid-back guy. Live and let live, not "aw hell naw you did-'nt".

God doesn't like a lot of things in the bible, some reasonable some quite absurd (in contemporary western civlization). I'm very certain that everyone - including christians - have broken one or more thing in the bible that God doesn't like. For example eating shellfish, wearing clothes worn with more than 2 fabrics, or just breaking one of the 10 commandments. Calling Jesus a hermaphrodite is the least of your worries.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
To be fair to the J-man, I haven't had any for years, and I'm not gay.

Oh, trust me, bro; I know that feel.
Quote by Kensai

I'm not insulted because I'm not Christian, but I bet that ALOT of Christians will be insulted by this.

I'm just tired of this modern feminist bullcrap and OVERLY clear attention-obsessed humans that use a symbolic figure to get their attention. I don't care she says it bout Jesus, it's the same as a dude stating that "Cleopatra must've been a dude or a tranny because back in the day women were only good for sucking and making sammiches".
It's people like these that make me so ashamed of being a human in this modern age. It proves we are degrading and losing the values and civilization we once had to fight for.

btw, personally I'm convinced Jesus didn't exist or was just a very nice man who had a big influence so they wrote a "fictional" story about him to raise a new religion.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by troyofyort
I'm just saying if you are gonna make a claim about anything in the bible, use the actual Hebrew meaning...

In fact, not if you're talking about Jesus. The Old Testament was mostly written in Hebrew, but the New Testament was in Greek.
Quote by Kensai

Do you get angry for everything people call you and you're not? I seriously doubt Jesus would be, he seems like a laid-back guy. Live and let live, not "aw hell naw you did-'nt"

God doesn't like a lot of things in the bible, some reasonable some quite absurd (in contemporary western civlization). I'm very certain that everyone - including christians - have broken one or more thing in the bible that God doesn't like. For example eating shellfish, wearing clothes worn with more than 2 fabrics, or just breaking one of the 10 commandments. Calling Jesus a hermaphrodite is the least of your worries.

I had actually over looked that God is all forgiving So even if she slanders the good name of him and his Son, as long she turns herself over to God before she dies her sins will be absolved and she will be welcomed into Heaven. Kind of like Jeffrey Dahmer.

As far as Jesus being laid back, you're right. He's the kind of religious Deity I'd like to have a beer with.
Last edited by MegadethFan18 at Mar 2, 2012,
Page 1 of 4