Awesome sound. Kinda like Nightwish. I always wanted those Steven Slate drums but never could afford them. Love progressive. My only nit is I would back off a little on the reverb, but overall great work. Must've taken a lot of time on all that programming.

link to my introduction peice:Giant Steps Pt. 1: Overture
Thanks for the comment in my thread

This is a really interesting song, I love the vocal style. I think the guitar sound could use some work, maybe turn down the gain and track it more so it's thicker. They also need to be a bit louder compared to the vocals, in fact all the instruments could come up a bit in the mix. As above, I think the reverb on the vocals is a bit much.

Composition wise, the riffs are cool and I love the section around 2:30. The song flows fairly well throughout. Good job!
MetalCommand,
The cymbals sound phasey: probably an mp3 thing. I'd turn down the guitar distortion, double-track the guitar, pan left & right. Guitar playing & riffs are good. Very good lead guitar. Singing is sometimes good, sometimes great! I like the vocal harmonies!! Keyboards are good. All the melodies are good. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522714
lovin the death opera man, personally I wouldn't change a thing about it, except in the parts without singing, when there is an absence of singing I would up the volume of the instruments, and then lower it again when the singing comes in, I like the way the singing overtakes the instruments but still allows for their presence and blends well with them, to say the least you have pleased me with your style. it reminds me very much so of nightwish.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1523972
Last edited by Viban at Mar 3, 2012,
This is great .I really like the intro.
I would also agree .The guitar sounds a bit low during the vocals and overall .
But overall it is close to perfect .Keep it up
This was a great listen im a big fan of this style. Your compostional skils are fantastic matey. The orchestration was killer, must have taken a lot of hours to get all this down. I salute you\m/ The guitar playing was also very strong you certainly your stuff guitar solo was smoking hot. I thought the vocals were also bang on. Stunning piece of music you have there
Quote by SHaun Steel
This was a great listen im a big fan of this style. Your compostional skils are fantastic matey. The orchestration was killer, must have taken a lot of hours to get all this down. I salute you\m/ The guitar playing was also very strong you certainly your stuff guitar solo was smoking hot. I thought the vocals were also bang on. Stunning piece of music you have there

I would make the bass heavier if possible. Loving those vocals very crisp and clear. I would pan the guitars to the left and right to take advantage of a better mix. Very nice collaboration here. Keep it up was awesome to listen to.

Crit 4 Crit Please take a look at my song

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524133
Click My Library to see what I've written

My Library
Hey man this has a very good idea/concept behind it! I like the song very much but I felt the mixing of the symphinc vocals was a bit off. There was too much reverb for the vocals for my taste but the song itself is well written and clearly took a lot of work. With some better quality recording/mixing it would sound even better. Keep the ideas flowing, you got great talent! I dig the girls vocals as well
thanks for listening to my track .. just listened to yours, love the use of a variety of instruments. nice composition, wasnt expecting the female vocals. the only crit I have is that the vocals are a little loud..
Thanks for the comment on my Crazy Train cover bud. I like your song, very nice, melodic and proggy. I would prefer if there was not as much reverb on the instruments & vocals as it makes it hard to hear the nuances sometimes. Perhaps also turn down the vocals a bit & lower the gain on the guitar so it's clearer. Other than that, there's only positive things to say about this. The harmonized vocal line right at the end was a nice touch as well, adds to the really epic feel. The use of organs & keys throughout the song added a depth that escapes most metal musicians nowadays, so I appreciated that.
Sounds really good! intro reminds me opeth and I LOVE opeth! Guitars could be a bit louder and vocals a bit quieter IMO.
Very nice song! The mix felt professional and clean, my only complaint there is that the vocals were just a bit too loud. As for the vocals themselves, I must admit they grew on me! My first thought when the singing started was "oh no, not this opera thing..." which I usually don't care much for but as said I changed my mind about halfway through the song. The vocal harmony at around 2 mins was really nice, shame it didn't repeat at a later point IMO! I also saw that you had a maiden cover (transylvania) and as a huge maiden fan I love the prominent influence by them in your song

This is a little more laidback: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1532343 Feel free to take a listen and leave some feedback
Awesome song. Only thing I'd personally do is give a bit more crunch to the guitars, but that's a taste thing more than anything.
Oh and release on those keyboard string synths could be a tad shorter.

Great stuff though.

C4C Plox?
C4Cing commences now:

Sound quality is very good. Maybe try adding some more fills into the intro riff to keep things exciting and proggy.

The piano around the two minute mark was awesome. Simply divine. The build up section that follows is also fantastic. I think the choirs overpower your vocalist around 3:30. That said, she does have a great voice. Collaborate with her again.

The solo at 4:30 was definitely called for. The build up to it was fantastic and the playing is very melodic with some elements of shred. However I think some slightly more dynamic playing would have been better when the following section comes in. Maybe have the piano play the chorus melody and in the last measure of phrase have the rest of the band join in. Just a thought.

Recording quality is quite superb. The snare sounds way to compressed IMO, maybe try changing the velocity here and there in order to humanise the playing.

Overall you have a great piece of music here. Keep it up!
Yeah, the instrumental composition is really strong. Fun to listen to and well written. The guitar playing is fantastic. The vocals are very pretty and well done but they totally mask the instruments especially the guitar. The clarity suffers a bit when the vocals come in. The vocals themselves lack a little bit of clarity. Some very cool instrumental sections though. 4:25 was my fav part. Again, fantastic guitar work.

Here's one for you...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1531703