How have I missed this?

I tried to use forum search and did not find a topic of this, so lets make a thread for it. Angel Witch, one of the original NWOBHM bands, will release new full length album this month 12th EU / 27th US by record label Rise Against, and 20th March by Metal Blade records (as I understood also in US). The album's called "As Above, So Below". The first full length of theirs since Frontal Assault (1986). Only remaining original member is founder Kevin Heybourne, who does guitars and vocals.

It seems they have also acquired Bill Steer as secondary guitarist, known from Carcass and Napalm Death. But I don't know for sure did he participate into the recording sessions, or is he for live shows or what.

At least half of the album material are from old compositions back from 83/84 and even prior to that. You can check one of the new songs at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVXv97cBNzY

Tracklist:

01. Dead Sea Scrolls
02. Into the Dark
03. Gebura
04. The Horla
05. Witching Hour
06. Upon this Cord
07. Guillotine
08. Brainwashed

Opinions about the new song and such?
Last edited by dungeoncrawler at Mar 2, 2012,
soudns pretty sweet
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Think I posted this a few days ago, but whatever. It's not a bad song, but nothing mindblowing... although I'm fairly confident the album is going to be a stormer. I might buy it just for the album art alone!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Honestly, for some reason I didn't have very high hopes for this album, but that track is pure old school NWOBHM only with modern production. Fucking killer.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Stranglehold
Think I posted this a few days ago, but whatever. It's not a bad song, but nothing mindblowing... although I'm fairly confident the album is going to be a stormer. I might buy it just for the album art alone!

Oh man, my bad then Nevertheless, the cover art is freakin' awesome. The song gives some hope for the album being pretty good at least. The song nods towards the debut, although it's not exactly similar, it's something towards that way. Might be interesting. Judging by that song alone, this looks like it's going to be one of the better comeback albums rather than one of the several failures I think.
I read that particular track was written in 83/84 which is probably why it has that old school nwobhm vibe Kep mentioned.

I'm still unsure about it. It certainly has it's moments, but I can't help but feel it plods along a little too much. But I am liking it more listening for the second time.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
I read that particular track was written in 83/84 which is probably why it has that old school nwobhm vibe Kep mentioned.

I'm still unsure about it. It certainly has it's moments, but I can't help but feel it plods along a little too much. But I am liking it more listening for the second time.

Two of the tracks should be from 83/84, and two were previous to that. The rest four I don't know, most likely new ones. The song I linked is one of those older ones, which explains the vibe of it. Interesting to see how the new songs (compositions) turn out to be.
This is shaping up to be a decent album at least.

Is any of their stuff besides the self-titled and the early singles worth a listen, boys?
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Screamin and Bleedin' = Yes. However, frontal assault isn't worth the silly money it goes for.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
There's just something about the follow-up to a very much perfect album languishing in limbo for five years, with the resulting effort sporting tits on the cover. I'll try it nonetheless, thanks.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Post-debut Angel Witch would be better with Heybourne doing the vocals
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Personally I do enjoy Screamin' n' Bleedin', as well as Frontal Assault quite a bit. They are rather different by style than debut however. I'd say they are worth listening for 80's heavy metal fan, however I won't comment on the money thing on Frontal since I don't know how much it sells these days. Screamin' I have on cd and I don't regret getting it on regular price - although LP would had been more cool.. Neither does reach the cult status of the debut though.
Last edited by dungeoncrawler at Mar 4, 2012,
Doesn't Bill Steer play in Angel Witch now?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Live definitely, but not 100% if he does in studio...could do though, great guitarist. The time he came over here with Firebird, two chaps I know got him absolutely shitfaced and wrecked his head for Carcass stories all night, haha.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrQWdgKjj0

How could you not like Frontal Assault? Save a few boring songs, this song rules so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtG_Tq3OYyQ&feature=related

Comon boys, more love for Frontal Assault is necessary. Screamin N' Bleedin is still my favourite, but this cannot go unnoticed.

First three albums will be gracing my speakers today.

Quote by Stranglehold
Screamin and Bleedin' = Yes. However, frontal assault isn't worth the silly money it goes for.

Also, this is a valid point. Seriously? You can buy the first two on LP (Original presses too) for the price of Frontal Assault on LP.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 4, 2012,
Quote by Stranglehold
Live definitely, but not 100% if he does in studio...could do though, great guitarist. The time he came over here with Firebird, two chaps I know got him absolutely shitfaced and wrecked his head for Carcass stories all night, haha.

that is awesome
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
I had no clue they were coming out with a new album... that's sweet, and the artwork is sexy
The newest album..

..how is it?
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."